02

"Hi Katherine"

Everly-Rose sat in the corner of the Grill, her eyes darting nervously between the entrance and her phone, and pushed her black frame glasses back to the bridge of her nose

Everly-Rose sat in the corner of the Grill, her eyes darting nervously between the entrance and her phone, and pushed her black frame glasses back to the bridge of her nose. She normally wouldn't like to wear glasses as they often leave marks on her nose and some aches on her ears, but today, she was meeting a new friend and didn't want to misidentify the person or make bad impression by narrowing her eyes when in fact she was just squinting to minimize the blurs around their faces.

Their scheduled time was in ten minutes and she kept anxiously fidgeting her fingers as her mind went through all the icebreakers she had searched on the internet the day before. She didn't know if she would need them or if the person would be more introvert than she was, but if the person was, she would force herself to be the one to start the conversation. Not that she wanted to become a social butterfly, it wasn't really possible anyway, but stepping out of her comfort zone every once in a while was needed before she went completely marginalized in her social circle.

Though Everly doubt that she would need to do the icebreakers because the person seemed quiet confident in having conversation with people, she was Elena's sister after all, must've been one of the popular girls in the school as well, and she probably mistook her as Elena at some point in time too since Everly had never seen the both of them walking together. 

Everly wondered if the Gilbert twins had good relationship considering she never heard Caroline or Bonnie talked to Elena about Katherine before. Perhaps they were on bad terms? She wasn't sure, but she'll probably have to avoid the topic later, just in case.

Unlike the first restless five minutes, Everly passed by the last ten minutes with ease as she drowned herself in her own thoughts. That is, until a soft knock on the wooden table and a shadow towered over her.

"Everly?" Katherine seated opposite of her in the booth with a smirk that never seem to fall from her face.

"Hi Katherine," Everly snapped herself out of her daze and sheepishly waved at the brunette, "Sorry I didn't see you there."

"What were you thinking about?" Katherine asked with curiosity as she stored her sunglasses back into its case.

"Nothing, really. I was just thinking what icebreakers I should use if we run out of things to talk about."

"I'm sure we won't need it. So, what have you been doing lately?"

"Not much, just school and homework," Everly answered and pushed the menu towards Katherine, "What do you wanna eat?"

"You know, I've never seen you around my sister or her friends before," Katherine started, internally grimacing. It's been centuries since she spoke the term after her real one was brutally killed, and her dull, helpless doe eye human doppelgänger was certainly not the person she was expecting to use the word to describe with.