09

"They did."

Elijah watched the human girl mixed cream with her coffee until she created multiple small swirls in the beverage, "I believe your coffee is very well-mixed, Ms

Elijah watched the human girl mixed cream with her coffee until she created multiple small swirls in the beverage, "I believe your coffee is very well-mixed, Ms. Thomas."

Everly-Rose let out a sigh, placing her spoon on the plate with a small clink, "Why do you want to talk to me?"

"You tried to save me from the vervain bomb Elena threw at me several days ago. I want to know why."

"If I say I don't know, will you believe me?" Everly looked at him who simply smiled at her, and she let out a bitter smile, "I don't have a choice, do I?"

"No, I don't believe you. But if you don't want to say, I won't force you. I gave you my word that I will not harm you, and I intend to keep that," Elijah said with sincerity.

She stared at the floor for a moment and asked, "Then can I make a deal with you?"

"Depends on what you are trying negotiate, Ms. Thomas."

"If I tell you why I save you, can you get me a bag of blood?" She whispered the last word and quickly explained when she saw Elijah's bewilderment, "I want to keep this a secret but I don't want to steal from Stefan and Damon either."

"May I ask why do you need it?"

"I want to give it to Katherine."

"You do realize your friends won't be happy with you if they know. I heard Katerina had done quite a bit of damage," Elijah shifted in his seat, wondering if she had been compelled, "Or did Katerina requested blood from you?"

Everly shook her head, "No, she didn't ask me to get her blood nor am I compelled like you implied," She showed her bracelet to him, "Katherine gave this vervain bracelet to me and spell it so that no one beside me can take it off. You can try."

"Pardon me," Elijah said quietly and reached over to pull on the said ornaments, frowning slightly when the chain didn't break even after he used his vampire strength.

"I know Katherine has done a lot of very bad things and even kill, probably many, people and hurt a lot more. Elena and Rose told me everything. I had thought about treating her as an enemy, a murderer," She sighed, "But I don't think I can. How can I do that?"

"How can I overlook the times she had comforted me when I had nightmares? Or how she put down her pride so that I could be saved?" Elijah seemed surprise at the revelation and Everly explained, "I didn't know Stefan and Damon until the day at that house, and we both know they would take Elena away without another glance at other people. So it must have been Katherine."

"Or even just moments ago, how she resisted her natural instincts and pushed me out of the barrier so that she wouldn't hurt me?" Everly paused, meeting his gaze, "What kind of ungrateful person will I be if I stand idly by the side, and watch her suffer?"