27

A/N: There is an added part at the end of Chapter 26, so if you haven't read it. Go read it :)

"Hello, I'm Everly-Rose."

"She looks so pretty," said Everly as her gaze lingered on the blonde beauty that was sleeping peacefully in her casket

"She looks so pretty," said Everly as her gaze lingered on the blonde beauty that was sleeping peacefully in her casket. She was pulled into a warehouse after falling asleep in the car, and woke up in a different city and to a grumpy Stefan, and an even grumpier Klaus. That was, until they walked into a warehouse and Klaus pulling out a dagger out of his little sister.

"Well, don't tell her that. You would inflate her ego," commented Klaus with a smirk, but the softness in his eyes revealed his happiness in waking up his sister.

"Won't be as large as yours. Right, Stefan?" She taunted and moved closer to the Salvatore, hoping to lift his down mood. 

"Yea," Stefan pulled his lips upwards, looking more like a grimace than a smile. 

"Any day now, Rebekah. She's being dramatic," Klaus blatantly ignored them and caressed her cheeks.

Everly glared at him, "You literally stab her in the heart. Give her some time."

"Look, why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on?" Stefan interrupted their bickering and questioned. "I mean, you obviously want me here for a reason, right?"

"Well, you have many useful talents."

"Do I?"

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you."

Everly didn't have much interest for whatever memory lane that they're currently visiting, rather, her mind was set on the closed coffins around the warehouse, wondering which one was Elijah's. She wanted to wait til both of them are gone and then she could pull the dagger out, and hopefully Rebekah wouldn't mind for one more awake brother. She was also quite nervous in meeting Rebekah for she seemed so flawless, and one of those brilliant women she would look up to. She sauntered to the sofa beside the luggages and closed her eyes, wishing if they saw she was sleeping then they would leave her alone in the warehouse. Hopefully.

On the other hand, she needed the sleep, which was something she found herself constantly doing these days. It would seem her heart was truly getting worse, as her heart could handle her awake body less and less. Despite her intention, she failed to keep herself awake and eventually fall asleep to the pair's talking.

Klaus noticed her asleep frame and began walking out the warehouse, causing Stefan to demand, "Where are you going?"

The hybrid smirked, "You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you."

"How?"

"We're going to your old apartment and," He gestured at Everly's pale, still frame on the sofa. Stefan followed his finger, then nodded in understanding and exited the warehouse following the original. The door quietly clicked shut, and Everly's fingers twitched at the sound.