25

"You mean, horrible, bad.......wolf–dog person!"

Everly woke up to the car stopping in front of a Southern Comfort bar, and groggily followed behind the two vampires

Everly woke up to the car stopping in front of a Southern Comfort bar, and groggily followed behind the two vampires. Clearly, she didn't enjoy being woken up from her sleep. She absentmindedly sat on the stool, oblivious to the blonde beard man beside her, and rested her head on her palm with her eyes boredly scanned through the alcohol on the shelf. 

"You look tired. I can buy you a drink, pretty lady."

She turned her attention to the deep, masculine voice beside her. Her green eyes widening slightly as if she had just noticed the man, "Oh um, hello."

The man chuckled at her reaction and offered his hand, "I'm Ray."

"Everly," She shook his hand and gave him a small smile.

"Want a drink?" He pointed at the beer before him.

Before she could answer, Klaus appeared in between them with an arm slung over his shoulder, "I'm afraid she can't, Ray."

"And who are you?" Ray sassed back, trying to shrug Klaus' arm away from him but the hybrid pressed down, forcing him to stay.

"Stefan," Klaus gestured at Everly who seemed tensed and confused at the situation before her. The young Salvatore nodded and strode over to her side, nudging her to the booth near the entrance, placing the bar far away from her earshot. 

"What are you doing, Stefan? What is Klaus doing with Ray?" Everly questioned, sitting on the leather cushion, and grabbed his arm when he attempted to leave without answer to her question, "What is Klaus planning?"

Stefan sighed at the determination in her eyes, and quietly said, "Ray is a werewolf."

Her brows knitted into a frown. She had been with them far too long to know that Klaus was planning to make werewolf-vampire hybrids like him. Since werewolf is a brith-right and vampires can be made, werewolves were the key to his hybrid project. "Is he going to turn him into a hybrid?"

Stefan nodded and pulled out a book from his jacket. "Here. This will kill some time for you. We are going to be here for a while," he implied, hearing Ray's reluctance to divulge his pack's location.

"Oh." Dumbfounded, Everly accepted the novel and began to read, blocking out the commotion around her, unaware of how Stefan strode out of the bar or how the waitresses constantly paced in front of her booth, blocking away the werewolf's bloodied body and the darts near his head. 

That was, until she stood up and went to the restroom when she saw Ray's lifeless body on the pool table. Her loud, horrified gasp caught the two vampires' attention, and the pounding of her heart drumming deafeningly in her ears. She stared at the puncture holes on his head that were clearly manmade, and in her mind, were no doubt from some kind of torture. 

"Everly–" Stefan started, worry evident in his eyes.

She didn't hear her as the world seemed to fade away with the memory flashing in front of her.