28

"Hello, Niklaus. Why don't you take a step back?"

Deep into the warehouse and out of Everly's earshot, the two original siblings sunk their teeth into the security guard, making him to groan in pain

Deep into the warehouse and out of Everly's earshot, the two original siblings sunk their teeth into the security guard, making him to groan in pain. It wasn't long before Elijah pulled away, having sufficient to rid off the residual pain of the dagger. He eyed his sister who was still vigorously drinking as the color continued to drain from the human's face, and called, "Rebekah. That's enough."

Rebekah didn't move and Elijah sighed, "You are going to kill the poor man, sister."

"Are you afraid what Everly-Rose would say?" She pulled away, smirking at her brother with blood dripping down her chins. Elijah opened his mouth to deny but was interrupted by their brother's voice.

"Rebekah, come out, come out. Where ever you are?"  Rebekah rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"What is the meaning of this? Everly, what did you do?" They could hear the panic seeping through his voice and it quickly turned into yells, "What did you do! I will kill you–"

Klaus was cut off as he was abruptly flung against the wall. He glanced up from his attackers and his eyes widened in disbelief and slight fear at the figure before him: his older brother was standing protectively in front of Everly with veins disappearing under his eyes. He fixed the nonexistent wrinkle on his suit and said, "Hello, Niklaus. Why don't you take a step back?"

"Elijah....." Klaus breathed out.

"I hope you've been having fun without us, Nik." Rebekah sent the hybrid a fake smile and plunged a dagger into his heart.

"Rebekah," Klaus hissed in pain and pulled out the dagger, "You knew it wouldn't kill me."

She stepped back to where Elijah was and pouted, "Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more."

"Indeed. Our brother's recent indiscretion– betrayal might be the more accurate word, has made me rather vengeful," Elijah commented with a curl on his face that didn't reach his eyes. 

Everly looked between the siblings: Klaus had a blood stain on his chest, so did Rebekah with dried blood on her chin, and Elijah had a hint of rage in his voice. She felt out of place, like a family drama that she accidentally barged into. 

"Ah, and dear Elijah finally reunites with the girl he loves. Don't worry, brother. I've kept her safe in your absence," Klaus taunted, finally noticing the awkward girl behind his siblings. 

At his words, Everly's face went bright red like a tomato as she met Elijah's deep brown eyes who had turned back in worry. She had, in truth, never thought of the suited original like they seemed to be suggesting. Yet, when she met his eyes, the gentleness and worry, made her feel something she had never in her life experienced before. There was an urge to smile, an erratic pounding of her heart that wasn't painful or overwhelming, and a surge of warm that rush to her entire body. She glimpsed at Elijah, whose frown appeared to deepen at the color of her face, and couldn't help but noticed how fine he looked in his suit. He sure was a handsome man, one of the best if not the most. Her mind drifted to their interactions before he was dagger: the handkerchief, the necklace, and the way he stood in front of her. It all seemed too surreal to believe that it would be signs of likes, for he could very well be a polite gentleman, which he was.