30

"You are basically 58 times older than me."

Elijah and Everly walked slowly to the clothing store that they'd been told

Elijah and Everly walked slowly to the clothing store that they'd been told. Elijah halted in his step, his voice mellow and filled with worry, "Are you sure you want to go in? I completely understand if you are not in the mood of seeing my siblings."

"I'm sure, Elijah. Don't worry about me," She smiled lightly. The faint dull ache on her chest made her realize just how weak she was right now, and disheartenment was evident on the knitted brows on her face.

He sighed inaudibly and gestured at her POC that he had slung over his shoulder, whereas the continuous flow one was given to a compelled human he had inevitably threatened, "As you wish. But if you feel breathless, do let me know."

She glanced at the black bag and nodded, sighing heavily.

"Ah Elijah, finally returned to us to grace us with your presence?" Klaus sung with a smirk on his face, and his hand held onto the champagne glass, whereas Stefan sat up straighter with his gaze settling on Everly's wan and petite frame. 

"You okay?" He asked as she sat on one of the empty chairs with Elijah settling next to her. 

Everly's purpled lips stretched into a slight curve and said, "Yea." She looked around, noticing the blonde original's absence, "Where is Rebekah?"

Klaus and Stefan almost simultaneously raised their eyebrows in surprise and amusement. After all, it was clear to them that the human had gotten visibly worse and the blonde original was liable. 

Inside the dressing room, the said Mikaelson had remained silent since the moment the girl entered the store. She didn't miss the weakened heartbeats and the silent gasps of breaths from the human she previously attacked. Truthfully, she had murdered countless humans without remorse and honestly didn't cared if she had harmed the girl or if she hated her. The only thing she regretted was that her action appeared to anger Elijah and Stefan. She had expected her suited brother to whisk the human girl away and left, and certainly not return to them and the girl didn't even seem to hold any grudges. 

She was dumfounded and had burning questions in her mind. As the strongest creature on Earth, Rebekah did not shy away and slammed the dressing room opened, and questioned, "What the bloody hell is wrong with you? I nearly killed you and all you have to say is where is Rebekah? Shouldn't you be like punching myself or something? Though you wouldn't accomplish much and I will probably rip out your heart."

"Rebekah," Elijah drawled out disapprovingly, whereas Klaus snorted obnoxiously beside Stefan and Everly couldn't help but let out an amused smile.

"You know, an apology will suffice," She started slowly, briefly looked at the blonde's dress, and quirked an eyebrow. Her eyes met unwaveringly into her light blue eyes, and words of utmost rudeness she had ever uttered spurted out of her mouth, "Unless, of course, you want to wear that dress to the public. Granted I don't have the best fashion sense, but you do look like your age in those fabric."