Chapter 10

An: supposed to be with the previous chapter but it was long enough as it is. Simply adding in a little extra for another long break.

Ashvhak's mandibles clicked frantically across dim lit halls. He tried to calm his beating heart to no avail. Walking towards a narrowed path with two of his kin flanking his side and one major leading the group. His eyes wildly swing from side to side, avoiding the shade of light.

No matter how tedious it was, Ashvhak never wanted to enter the light again, nor did he want to abandon its grace completely. He did not want to be seen by them as equally as he did could not see them coming. He wanted in between where he could see them but not him.

"Can he stop doing that?" One of the elites whispered as the other shook his head. "Leave him be, we have orders from the fleet master and I for one wanted to be done with it." "Tsk, why are we even escorting this coward?" Ashvhak flinched at the sheer hostility of the three.

He almost shouted then, the rising anger and discontent begins to pile up when the lights suddenly flickered. Shadows ran across the room. It was only for a moment, for a second, but it was enough to send Ashvhak reeling in as he hunched down and shielded his face.

They're coming! They're here for me! To finish what they started! Ashvhak whimpered silently as tears threatened to overcome him. Please no... please leave me be... please... Ashvhak prayed silently as the elite's frowns deepen.

"What in the name of... on your feet now!" One of the elites screamed in annoyance as Ashvhak refuses to move. Even when he was being kicked and shoved, he refuses to budge for a second. "Just grab him by the arms and drag him through." "Really this piece of..."

The two grumbled in annoyance but follow through as instructed. Ashvhak's eyes widen in fear as he begins to violently scream and kick back. "Get off! Get off of me!" His cries echoed across the hall as some of the crew on board, flinched at his miserable cry.

"Argh! Stand still damn you!" One of the elites viciously delivered a right hook as Ashvhak gasped. "I swear by the prophets this-" "No! Unhand me! Unhand me damn you!" Ashvhak only struggled even harder much to the dismay and annoyance of his escorts.

"I swear if you don't stop-" "Just gag his mouth already! Or do I have to do it myself?!" The leading major snapped as the two flinched back before following through, silencing Ashvhak's mouth with their hands. "MPH! MPHHH!!!" Ashvhak's muffled scream echoed across the halls as they drag the traumatized elite forcibly.

I'm going to die! I have to get out of here! I need to get out of here- "The survivor is here sir." The major said with a hint of disgust in his voice as the two elites tossed Ashvhak aside with the care one might have in disposing of their own garbage.

"Good, you may leave us." Ashvhak blinked rapidly as he tried to ascertain where he was. The days were not kind to Ashvhak as the simple scenery of the bridge, one where they took great pride in standing within its bowels, did not even soothe his heart.

All Ashvhak could see was the fleet master standing before him and several other majors as if to pass down judgment for his cowardice. Strangely enough, he did not mind. Ashvhak was ready for any kind of release one might give from the nightmares. Sadly, this was not the case.

"Ashvhak Serantum I presume?" It was not a question but more of an order to speak. "Y-yes fleet master." Ashvhak manages to reply as a portion of his sanity returned. "Do you know why I called you here?" Ashvhak blinked before bowing slightly.

"I-I c-can't say sir." Ashvhak admitted as his mind was still trying to clear the fog. "Then I shall be blunt with you. I have heard you have survived an encounter with one of the forces humanity recently used." Ashvhak stood perfectly still then as the blood rushes out from his face.