Chapter 15

An: Ight I really am spoiling you lot so this would be my latest upload for a long while because I need to write my og novels. No worries, this is a 5k chapter, so it should do the trick.

֍

Amidst the clamoring crowd of the control room, Skyla anxiously looks back to the disappearing figure of Hyperion. Though her heart continues to beat with adrenaline, the young navigator could not help but sense the dire urge to follow the golden titan.

It was as if the emperor was urging her to follow. After hesitating for a moment longer, Skyla hurriedly followed after Hyperion without telling anyone as she ran. Though her weak body was not used to the constant movement, she forces on as she clumsily dodges the crowd.

Twisting and turning around corridors, Skyla scours the halls for any signs of the man. "Ha... ha... already?" Skyla thought in frustration as she turned towards another corner. 'Just... how fast... can these people... move??' The young navigator thought as her chest was beginning to strain.

Skyla managed to avoid hitting someone accidentally entirely, but it was no near as fast nor as graceful as the super soldiers had been. It was even considered a miracle for a young navigator like her to run so fast without any aid from the warp. Though, Skyla really wished she had moved her body more.

"...What are you doing navigator?" Skyla stumbled midway when she turned towards a corner, revealing a golden statue waiting. "Ha... I... wanted... ha... t-to... f-follow... s-sorry ha... ha... n-need... ha... to catch... my breath." "..." Skyla barely coughed out an answer as she collapses to the ground.

"...You need to train your body more navigator. You barely run for 5 minutes, yet you're already out of breath." Hyperion said. "I... was trying... to... catch up... with you..." Skyla said, her words slowly becoming more coherent as she gathered her breath.

"...I barely walked navigator." Hyperion said, a hint of amusement in his voice. "T-that's... that's because you... you have long strides." Skyla said as she slowly rises. "So, may I ask why exactly you wanted to follow me?" Hyperion said as he turned to move at a much slower pace this time.

"U-um... well sir I... I thought you might need company?" Skyla said as Hyperion paused before moving once again. Skyla hurriedly followed the hulking titan at a brisk pace. "Um... s-sir? I-I'm sorry if I stood against you back there. I just-" "No need to explain yourself navigator, I can see it in your eyes." Skyla flinched as she mustered the courage to speak once more.

"I-it's not that I trust the machine sir! Please believe me when I say this, but I don't trust it as much as you do! It's just... it felt wrong for you to act like that." Skyla barely whispered as Hyperion snorted. "I am still human lady Skyla. As much as I am one of humanity's guides and his spear, I am still human." Hyperion said as Skyla nodded back in kind.

"Y-yes sir. Of course you are, I just... I just don't want to see you like that." Skyla whispered as Hyperion replied. "Then tell me my lady, what do you wanted to see?" Hyperion said monotonously as Skyla's voice trembled.

"Y-you could have co-convinced them." Hyperion stopped again, turning back to the small navigator in confusion for the first time in 500 years. "Pardon?" Hyperion said as Skyla almost jumped. "W-well t-this not t-the imperium after all. I-I thought y-you would... talk them out somehow. Not like the way we do b-back home." Skyla said as she twiddles with her thumbs.

"...Did you honestly believe I could talk everyone down to do my bidding?" Hyperion asked plainly as Skyla froze still before nodding slightly. "...Lady Skyla, the galaxy is not as kind as it is. You know this. Humans, though I could somewhat control, would never be chained." Hyperion said as Skyla nodded. "I-I know... but I wanted to see it." Skyla said as she met his gaze. "I-I wanted to see if we could still do it... just like the past." Hyperion stared passively.