Chapter 13

An: There is a lot of swearing in this one.

Also rejoice for there is a new chapter so fast!

"Are you all right navigator Skyla?" Alvar asked as the navigator barely let out a squeak. "Y-yes! I-I'm fine my lord, why wo-wouldn't I be?" It took all of Skyla from trembling as she and two other normals were the only ones within the somewhat tight thundehawk.

Though the impressive transport could carry 30 battle brothers at max capacity, it still felt cramped for Skyla. Within the relatively small transport carries a small cargo of 14 personnel, it barely fills half of the craft and yet it felt as if it was filled to the brim.

On one side was captain Liam and Lieutenant Miranda guarded by 3 of their own super soldiers and 2 relatively normal guardsman, one was older than the other. Skyla did not know who they were, but the lineup alone was already impressive. Even with an untrained eye, these 7 emitted an exceptional air of command that Skyla would have heeded.

'Would have' were if not for the people on her side. One was the newly promoted lord general, another was the high admiral herself, 2 captains of the adeptus astartes, an arch magos, and the towering visage of Hyperion himself. Even if Skyla wanted to cry, the mere presence of these hardened soldiers would not allow her.

7 imperials and 7 UNSC personnel. The air was so thick with anticipation and silence that one wrong word could spell the doom of the alliance. Skyla tried not to gawk, but even she was impressed by these so called spartans.

Their armor was sleek and almost graceful, unlike the bulky and heavy-looking armor of the astartes. Their faceless helms were almost entrancing as their heights rival that of the astartes though both pale in comparison against the custodian himself.

It radiated power and authority. No one can deny it for there is no one to challenge it. The golden eagle seemed to stare directly into the souls of those who dared to meet its gaze. Even the angels themselves showed discomfort before the glowing insignia.

The golden giant simply did not broker even the frail hope of victory. They most certainly can try, but all knew where it all ends. Skyla was content being quiet all throughout the way even with the heavy air, alas, everyone did not share the same view.

"Sir Hyperion allow me to-" "We can speak later Lieutenant. I assure you, there will be time for that." Hyperion spoke blankly, a measure of control of his response was far more frightening than a screaming brute. It was dull, empty.

Not that it was cold in indignation or boiling in blind fury, it was simply empty. Devoid of humanity. The moment Hyperion learned of the initial strike; he went quiet. He did not stew in silence, nor did he shout in outrage, but simply... quiet.

Skyla was tempted to peer within Hyperion's thoughts for an answer, but she shot the idea down faster than an ork ramming its head before a titan's canon. If greater daemons failed to even make the custodian flinch, then hope she has?

"...Very well, but please do know this sir, we never meant to harm you and your people." "...Noted." Hyperion spoke mechanically as Miranda could do nothing else but bow down her head in defeat. Skyla turned her gaze to the lieutenant, impressed to speak before the voice of the emperor himself without hesitation.

Before Skyla could delve deeper into her thoughts, an intercom suddenly spring back to life. "Be advised to all crew on board, we are now approaching the designated platform. ETA 5 minutes." Skyla's interest shifted to the news as she peered her head at the platform in question.

Through sealed windows, Skyla saw a squad of what she could only describe as tiny escorts as they approached the platform. Her eyes twinkled for a moment in anticipation as she studied the ever-growing platform.