Chapter 24

An: Looks like christmas is early for you lot! This chapter might feel useless filler, but in the future, you will be laughing thanks to this chapter. Also 5k chapters let's gooo!

֍

The world returns with a blink, though Skyla wishes it was anything but a dream. Panic rose from her chest, forcing her to breathe frantically for air as the memories continued to flood through. The young navigator felt her sanity buckle for a moment when a familiar hand gripped her shoulders.

"Control it lady Skyla." Hyperion's voice was calm yet firm. The golden titan's very existence seems to push the madness at bay as the custode draws her back to reality. "Deep and slow breaths. Come now, in and out. In and out." Skyla did as commanded as her mind regained a measure of sanity. "Good, good. Just like that." Hyperion said.

"I-I'm sorry s-sir-" "Shh, it's all right. Everything will be all right." How Skyla craved for those words to be true as Hyperion gently rubbed her back, but hope was a very dangerous prospect. And so, Skyla forcibly confronts the nightmares. Even if she wanted to run.

"I-it's all right sir. I... I can't be a burden now." Skyla said as she rose from her feet. Though Hyperion was sitting down, his massive figure still eclipsed her petite figure. And it was through this massive shadow that Skyla found comfort as it promised everything she needed right now. Safety.

"...Very well lady Skyla." Hyperion said though Skyla swore there was a hint of pride within that voice as he rose to his full height. "But before we move, I have to ask. Are you certain your powers are within your control?" Hyperion asked to a hesitating Skyla.

"T-that's... sorry sir, but I don't want to tap in if... if I can." Skyla replied honestly, bracing for her life that might as well end in an instant. "That is... unfortunate, but I suppose we would do what we have." Skyla blinked in surprise as Hyperion turned to walk.

"Y-you're... you're not going to kill me sir?" Skyla asked as Hyperion snorted in derision. "Do you take me one like those witless fanatics lady Skyla?" Hyperion grunted as Skyla quickly followed behind, though she did not need to run as Hyperion made sure she could follow at her own pace.

"I-I did not mean it that way sir, I was just... well... I am a psyker and... well." Skyla sheepishly admitted, causing a chuckle from the custode. "My lady if you are afraid of injuring me with your powers, then perish the thought. I'll have you know I am in charge of a massive skeleton that could obliterate my soul if he ever loses control." Hyperion said as Skyla blinked in confusion.

"Skeleton? What are you talking about sir- o-oh... oh! Sir Hyperion! T-that- I-I mean i-it is..." Skyla stumbled frantically for the proper words to speak as Hyperion watched on in amusement and melancholy.

How could I forget this? Hyperion thought as Skyla seemed to finally find the words as her visage was twisted into a frightening yet adorable scowl. ...I should have remembered- no, I should not have forgotten in the first place... never again... My king, if you can hear me, I will never forget this time... never again.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me?" Skyla hissed when a soft chuckle snapped her from her indignation. "Oh, forgive me lady Skyla. It has been too long since a normal had given me a proper scolding. I feel 5,000 years younger once more." Hyperion chuckled as Skyla paled suddenly.

"M-my apologies sir Hyperion. I did not mean to overstep my-" "Oh for crying out loud!" Hyperion would have pinched his nose in frustration before forcing a sigh to escape his lips. "Lady Skyla, it was a jest. A jest. I do not feel slighted in the slightest so please, no need to be so stiff."

Skyla opened her mouth to reply but no word came out of it. The young navigator contemplated how to answer properly before nodding back slowly. "I-I see..." She whispered deathly. The young lady tried to regain her confidence when she noticed her environment.