18

Whilst talking to Galadriel it became clear, that there was much need to talk about their current affairs on either side. So they agreed on coming together very soon. Than Galadriel returned to her retreating army.
Eilith watched how all the different nations of Middle earth made to leave. Those that marched under the banner of 'good' as well as those that had come under the banner of 'evil'. Something happened to them, maybe they had lost their will to fight? Eilith didn't quite understand how this had worked? Maybe she would have a chance to ask the one or the other at some stage. Fact was though, that everybody was leaving, there had been almost no blood shedding and that was the most important!
But, Lethauri had died and Adar was distraught, she needed to be there for him now, so Eilith turned around to go to him. He was watching her, still holding Lethauri.  Eilith got the feeling that Adar wasn't very fond of Galadriel, supposedly there was history between them and she knew that the feeling of dislike was mutual. It saddened Eilith, Galadriel was her closest friend and Adar, the one she loved above all.  It would have been her wish, that the two of them would get along.

The ceremony for Lethauri was going to be at a Lake close by. While they were walking towards the lake, Eilith said:

"I'm very sorry Lethauri had to die, I had wished for none to die!"

Adar was quiet for a while. "There is much to be learned about you still", he said thoughtfully looking at her. "You are a very powerful elf!"

"Oh no, the force that stopped the war was not mine. It was given to me from above."

He didn't reply anymore. Eilith wondered if he was pondering over the fact that Lethauri was the only one, except for Sauron who had died, she too was wandering about that. Sauron was kind of understandable, but Lethauri? Why did he have to die?

The entire time they walked they were followed by an enormous amount of orcs. This was definitely something Eilith would needed to get used to because they were a part of Adar.

Once they had arrived at the lake, Adar set to work building a float for Lethauri made out of sticks and branches, the orcs ensured a steady flow of them. They were unusually quiet that night. In the end there was a float big enough for Lethauri to lie on. One part of it was under water but more than half of it was above the water. Eilith had witnessed such a passing ceremony once before but that had been before her time in the woods. It was very different now. Then, there had been many elves attending the ceremony and they had sung one of the ancient rhythms. She watched as the float got smaller and smaller. Only than did Adar shoot the burning arrow. As the float caught fire, she suddenly heard a very unusual tune. The orcs were actually humming. They had very deep voices and it didn't actually sound bad, just foreign really. She watched as the float burned up standing next to Adar. She wanted to comfort him somehow but wasn't sure how, so she stretched out her hand to touch his arm. He moved his arm away though. puzzled Eilith withdrew her hand, unsure of he meaning of this.

The sun was coming up now, so Adar urged the orcs to put up camp. They were surprisingly organised so that by the time the sun was up, all were tucked away safely. Eilith had only been watching unsure what to do. Adar seemed distant and she felt out of place. So when Raghnall sat himself down at the edge of the camp, Eilith sat down next to him leaning against his warm and comforting body. She wanted to cry but was to proud to do so. She was still sitting there when the camp went quiet. Suddenly Adar was in front of her, he looked wild and angry somehow.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her up.
"Come with me." He said, than he pulled her away until they came to a more secluded area were big rocks were hiding them from watchful eyes. He pushed her hard against one of those rocks and started to kiss her whilst he pressed his body hard against hers.

Eilith was confused yet again, why was he treating her like this. Now he demanded to enter her but the way he was going about it was painful and disrespectful.

"ADAR!" Eilith pleaded loudly, "Adar, you're hurting me!" She almost shouted at him. It was as if he had woken up from a bad dream.

He moved of her, "What have I done!" He exclaimed. "Eilith, I'm truly sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you, I think I was lost in my despair and it caused me to lose touch with reality!" He put his head into his hands, gently rocking to and through, than he looked at Eilith again.

"Eilith my soul had been cruelly disfigured, I don't know who and how I am now? What if it is to late, what if that which had been broken can not be healed? What if I cause you harm as a result of this?!" He seemed distraught.

His demeanour had been frightening and there was a voice inside of her that was warning her. What if one day she wouldn't be able to stop him?

She had to try though, she loved him and the mere thought of being without him, just because of 'What ifs?' seemed a total waste. No, if something was broken, it needed fixing and not to be thrown away! especially not a soul! 

"I am willing to take that into consideration, Adar, I love you, I want to be with you even if you're broken. I shall do everything in my power to help you to mend." He stared at her incredulously. 

Eilith moved closer, than she leaned forward and kissed him gently. 

GIL - GALAD

Gil-Galad hadn't expected Eilith to leave him, not after all this time. He thought she had made peace with the situation and this way he could be with her. Just seeing her and talking with her had never quite been enough but he knew she would resent him if he would take advantage of her and than he would have lost her forever. There had been times were he had played with the thought. Nobody would know, he could have intimidated her in such a way, that she wouldn't tell but she would have hated him for that. No, hoped that she would still learn to love him.

When he realised she'd gone, he felt agony, his heart paining like never before.. and because anger was a greater divergent than misery, he chose to be angry. He wanted to hunt her down, lock her up in one of the many rooms in his castle and take her by force! What good was a castle and a kingdom, if he couldn't have the one thing he truly desired! But that day, there were constantly elves around him with tasks that needed his attention. So, he didn't go and over night his anger faded and left just a deep sadness but also a bit of hope, maybe she just needed to go and see the world, maybe she would come back and realise that he had been looking after her all this time and remember the good times they've had together. He would allow her the space. 

Seeing her on that hill, all powerful, stopping the war, left him with contradicted feelings. He was in awe and he was intimidated. She was a powerful woman now, this could well mean, that he wouldn't be able to control her anymore. He felt fear, the fear of having lost her. 

He was puzzled when she went over to the dark side, he couldn't really figure out what she was doing there, not from were he was anyways. So he sliped away when nobody was paing attention and went around the battlefield to find a place were he could be closer to what was going on. The only hiding point he found, was still a little further of. he felt strange hiding like this, to secretly observe a woman, he was the High King! It was humiliating and he disliked the fact that Eilith had this kind of power over him. What he observed was confusing, it made no sense! There was a passing -ceremony and than Eilith sat for quite a long time at the edge of that orc-camp, why? He was considering to go to her but than decided to wait. He saw how that ragged elf that had been riding with Sauron but had in the end killed Sauron, took Eilith and dragged her away. Who was that elf and why was he first riding with Sauron and than killed him? Was he an undercover elf and Eilith was a part of this? What if she liked this elf.. but that elf wasn't treating her as if he liked her and anyways surely Eilith couldn't possibly like him, he was disfigured and ragged.