Chapter One

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

Drip, drip. All I can see is darkness. It surrounds me in its choking grip making it become increasingly difficult to breathe. 

I struggle to move against the rough bindings that hold me down against a cold, hard surface but to no avail. Where am I? 

Two robotic words echo throughout the darkness, drawing me further out of my slumber as I cry out for help; Condition improving.

Following the words, a gloved hand pushes down on my arm before injecting a cool, metallic liquid into my veins. I can feel it as it makes its way burning through my body and towards my heart.

A cry of pain turns into a scream of agony as the liquid burns me from the inside out. With the bindings holding me captive suddenly gone, I shoot up as a deafening scream escapes my lips. 

"Claire."

"Claire, calm down. You're okay; you're safe." I sob into my brother's arms as I jolt awake, my heart still burning with a lingering pain as I struggle to breath. 

My brother, Theo, continues to hold me while I slowly calm down, silently stroking my hair as he hums our parents' lullaby. 

"Was it the same as last time?" He asks softly once I've stopped crying. I silently nod my head. 

I've been having this same nightmare for the past year now. Every time with slightly more details than last. Theo says it's probably some form of PTSD from the accident and that I should see a psychologist but I refuse to let him tell our parents, not wanting to worry them.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Theo questions. I shake my head again. Theo nods in understanding before standing up and throwing a glance at the digital clock on the side of my bedside cabinet.

"We have to leave for school in about an hour anyways," he says, giving me one last hug before leaving my room. 

I wipe away the trails of my dried tears before walking over to the small ensuite attached to my room. I take a quick shower before throwing on a pair of jeans along with a black and white striped t-shirt 

We just moved here two days ago because of dad's new job and today is the first day of school, my first day as a Sophomore. 

"Theo, are you ready?" I yell as I grab my backpack and head down the stairs, waiting not-so-patiently by the door.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming." Contrary to the popular belief that girls take hours to get ready, I'm ready to leave the house in 15 minutes whereas Theo sometimes takes an hour just to style his hair to his level of satisfaction and perfection.

Finally Theo comes down the stairs, his backpack flung carelessly over one shoulder while he texts with his spare hand.

"Mum and dad are both working late tonight so we can get some takeout for dinner if you want to," Theo informs me as he turns off his phone and shoves it into his pocket. 

I shrug my shoulders in reply, not really caring what we have for dinner as long as Theo doesn't cook it himself; he's a horrible cook.

Theo and I get into his navy blue pickup truck that dad gifted him for his 16th birthday and I put my backpack by my feet before strapping the seatbelt.

The ten-minute drive to school is silent, except for the radio playing rock in the background, as I watch the passing houses out of the window.

Beacon Hills is a nice town with a lot of new suburbs being developed along the outskirts. We bought an old, double storey villa instead of a new build, though, my mum saying she loved houses with character and stories to tell.