Chapter Twelve

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

I feel like I’m underwater. There’s a heavy pressure on my chest and every breath I take is more shallow than the last. I struggle to move or even just open my eyes but something is binding me down to the cold surface I lay upon and my eyes are too heavy to attempt to pry open.

What’s happening? The last thing I remember is Theo telling me he would be at the vet for the rest of the night…I find the strength to rip open my eyes as my memories come flooding back to me. The Dread Doctors took me.

My eyes struggle to adjust to the dim lighting for a moment but slowly I’m able to make out figures around the large room. In the corner is a large tank containing yellow liquid that triggers a strange recognition in me for some reason. I turn my head to see two people lying unconscious next to a machine. The girl is suffering wounds to her stomach while the boy has a tube in his arm that is pumping him with a black liquid. 

Wait, I recognise him. It’s Liam; Scott’s beta. I have to get out of here. 

I turn my attention away from them and towards the thick leather straps that hold me down to the table. I could try to burn through them. 

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath of concentration before allowing the familiar tingling feeling to move down to my hands as a small flame forms. My eyebrows crease and a small bead of sweat forms on my forehead as I struggle to keep the flame alive. 

Whatever the doctors did to me is making me weak. I let out a cry of frustration as the flame diminishes. I try and try again to spark a new flame but I eventually give up as my hands start to shake from the effort.  

I allow my head to fall back onto the metal table as a few stray tears run their trail down my cheeks. 

I can't do this…I can't do this.

I don't know how long I lay there before the echoing sound of footsteps make their way through the large room, drawing closer and closer with each second that passes.

It's them; they're here.

I swallow hard as the footsteps stop beside me as the three doctors come into view. One of the doctors steps forwards and grasps my upper arm firmly before injecting an orange liquid into my veins. 

I gasp in pain as a fire courses through my veins and I feel my eyes start to glow their orange red colour.

"Condition continues to improve but isn't gaining the results we were expecting," the one doctor states as the other writes something down on a pad of paper.

"Should we continue to the last phase?" The other doctor questions curiously. I struggle against my binds but they ignore my attempts at escaping.

"Yes," the middle doctor hisses out before turning and walking towards the back of the room and out of sight. 

I struggle to lift my head to see where he's going but my view is blocked by the remaining two doctors that are busy prepping something on a trolley.

"What are you doing?" I manage to mumble out the question as the one picks up a syringe, flicking it to remove any air bubbles.

The two doctors move towards me mechanically, the one holding down my head firmly while the other brings the syringe filled with a glowing blue liquid closer. 

I attempt to pull my head out of the doctor's grip but it remains strong as the syringe is brought closer to my face before slowly injecting into my left eye.