Chapter Nine

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

I grab an advil from the medicine cupboard before taking a sip of water from the tap and swallowing the small pill.

After the dream I had last night I couldn't fall back asleep and when I went to Theo's room he wasn't there. I've texted him a couple of times but he hasn't answered yet.

I walk over to the couch and grab my bag, sigh as I rub my pounding head which the advil has yet to fix.

My phone dings and I quickly turn it on, expecting to see a message from Theo but instead see a message from Jay saying his mum can drive us to school today.

I glance at the time on the clock before quickly replying to Jay, saying that would be great. I sit down on the couch as I wait for Jay to arrive and pull out my phone again, my finger hovering over a number in my contacts.

I bite the corner of my lip. It's probably jotting but I'm still worried about Theo, especially because he isn't answering to my messages like he usually does.

I press down on the number, dialing it as I hold it to my ear. After three rings, it picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Scott. It's Claire, Theo's sister," I answer. Theo gave me Scott's number a couple of days ago in case I ever needed it.

"I was just wondering if Theo is still at your place? He said yesterday he'd be there but he didn't come home last night and hasn't replied to my messages so I'm a bit worried," I tell Scott.

"Oh yeah, he's still here. We all fell asleep last night on the couches," Scott answers. I let out a small sigh of relief before I hear a car beeping outside. Jay.

"That's great. Can you just let him know that I got a ride to school so he doesn't need to pick me up or anything?" I ask as I pick up my bag and start to head out the door.

"Sure, I'll let him know," Scott says. I quickly say bye before turning off my phone and jumping into the backseat of Jay's mums car, sitting beside Jay.

"Good morning," Jay greets.

"Good morning," I reply.

"Did you finish the book last night?" Jay questions. I nod.

"Yeah, not much more happens but I can fill you in at school if you don't want to have to finish reading it," I suggest. Jay nods in agreement and we continue to make small talk before arriving at school.

"Thank you for driving us," I thank Jay's mum as Jay and I get out of the car upon arrival.

As we walk down the hall towards our lockers which are conveniently placed a couple of rows down from each other, I fill Jay in on what happens in the remainder of the book.

"So there's no proper ending?" Jay questions. I nod.

"Yeah and I'm not even sure if there's a part 2. I only saw Scott's friend printing the first book," I say. Jay hums in thought.

"Maybe it's just a random book that they all decided to read for no reason?" Jay suggests. I hesitate for a moment. I should probably tell him about my dreams. Especially the one I had last night.

"Yeah, about that..."

...

"And they were definitely dead?" Jay questions as I finish explaining everything from the nightmares about the Dread Doctors to the dream I had of a car crash last night.