Chapter Five

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

I yawn as I trudge into school, dark bags prominent under my eyes. I woke up several times last night due to nightmares and ended up only getting a couple of hours of sleep.

"Raeken," a voice pulls me out of my thoughts as I start to accidentally fall asleep during Maths. 

"Uh, yes Sir?" I ask as I blink rapidly to clear the sleep from my eyes. 

"Were you listening to a single thing I was saying?" He questions.

"Uh, no Sir," I answer truthfully. Mr. Roger looks like he wants to say something but decides against it and instead rubs his forehead, muttering something about how he should've stayed in prison?

"Hey Claire." I turn my head to the side as Jayden whispers to me.

"Yeah?"

"Why are you so tired? You're practically falling asleep," Jayden says. I hesitate for a moment.

"Uh, nothing. Just nightmares is all," I reply. Jayden furrows his eyebrows in concern but lets the matter drop.

The next class is Physics so I head over to the library where I agreed to meet Mason to work on our project.

Sitting down at a table near the door, I pull out our notes and start to work on some calculations while I wait for Mason to show up.

After about half an hour, I put away my books and sigh. Looks like Mason's a no show.

Huffing, I stand up and leave the library, heading for History class. 

On arrival, I take a seat near the back and the class soon after begins. Mr. Yukimura is busy talking about the Boston tea party when I hear nails scratching besides me.

Looking over, I see a girl with dark messy hair and dirty clothes sitting next to me, claws digging into her desk. She's a werewolf?

"Hey, are you okay?" I whisper to her when I notice her breathing growing more and more unsteady. It's not a full moon, is it?

"You need to control it, someone might see," I warn her, glancing at the other students that are all luckily occupied with their work for once.

The girl doesn't respond and instead stays staring forwards. A loud siren rips my attention away from her and makes me bring my hands to my ears as the fire alarm goes off.

"No rushing, please. I'm sure it's just a drill," Mr. Yukimura reassures as students bolt for the door, probably just excited to get out of class. I get up from my chair and crouch besides the werewolf girl's chair as she remains unflinching.

"I know you must be scared right now but I'll take you to my brother, he's been through this before and will be able to help you," I attempt to calm her down.

She stiffens as something by the door catches her attention. I turn my head to see Liam Dunbar and Stiles's friend with the crooked jaw, Scott I think, standing there.

"Tracy," the latter calls. Tracy's eyes widen with fear and she grabs my arm, ripping into the skin painfully with her as making me flinch slightly.

"Hey, it's okay, Tracy," I try to coax her but her eyes remain wide with fright, almost as if she's seeing something that's not there.

"Tracy, let her go," Scott calls out, only making her tighten her grip.

"They're coming for us," she mutters under her breath, which has become even more laboured. Tract turns her head to look at me with wide eyes.

"Your condition is improving," she whispers, barely audible before releasing my arm and collapsing to the ground. I take a step back and hold my wrist, my veins freezing with the words that she said.