Chapter Fourteen

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

It’s been three days since the whole Dread Doctors incident and everything has been…tense, since. 

The rumours going around the school are that there could be a serial killer on the loose because of the amount of kids that have gone missing. Jay's mum doesn't allow us to walk to and from school anymore because of this and makes sure either her or Theo can drive us.

Theo and Jayden haven't let me out of their sight, either; afraid that if they do the Dread Doctors will take me. And when they're not around, I'm aware of how Mason or Liam will follow me 'discreetly'.

My abilities have been growing stronger and stronger along with a slightly enhanced sense of smell, agility and strength; nowhere as much as a werewolf, though, but enough to make P.E a bit easier.

My asthma hasn't gone away yet and I don't think it will but Scott's seems to be getting worse. I'll frequently pass him in the hall to see him needing to stop and use his inhaler. I've asked Theo if he knows what could be causing it but he's just as clueless as I am.

I jolt up and out of my thoughts as the bell rings, signalling the end of the Chemistry class I was paying zero attention to. As I gather my textbooks and sling my bag over my shoulder, making my way to the door, Mrs Miller sends me a hateful glare that could easily send me 6 feet under.

I give her a warm smile in return before making my way out of the classroom and towards the cafeteria.

The moment I walk through the double doors, Jay is on to me and leading me back to his table where he already has two trays of food for the both of us.

"Good morning to you too," I say as I take a seat. Jay chuckles nervously and rubs the back of his neck.

"Right, sorry. I just got excited because I was doing more research on Phoenixs and-"

"Weren't you supposed to be in class?" I question with a quirked brow and a curiously tilted head.

"Okay, fine, I skipped but I feel like this is a lot more important than economics right now," Jay argues. I roll my eyes but nod for him to continue.

"Anyways, so I found the Bestiary again and near the back of the book I found the page on Phoenixs," Jay reveals. 

"What, really? What did it say?" I question with wide eyes and an underlying tone of excitement. Jay sighs slightly.

"Well, do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?" I groan in response.

"What's the bad news?" I question, my mood now slightly deflated.

"There was only one page on Phoenixs, it looks like the other pages were ripped out." I huff in annoyance.

"The good news, though, is that the one page was pretty useful," Jay counters. I lean forward in my chair slightly.

"Well, what did it say?"

"Phoenixs are supernatural that can be created in a person after a traumatic event. They have fire abilities close to that of a hellhound along with similarly glowing eyes." Jay pauses for a brief moment.

"The interesting part is that in order for a Phoenix to reach their full potential, they go through a process called, The Burning."

"What's that?" I question curiously.

"It's really rare and has only happened to one Phoenix as far as we are aware but it's basically where the Phoenis's fire consumes it and they turn to ash, essentially dying but when they are reborn, their abilities are more than twice as powerful." I gulp at the thought of that happening.