Chapter Six

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

It's been two days since the incident with the Kanima and two days since I last saw Theo for longer than a couple of minutes at a time. He has grown even more distant nowadays and is hardly ever at home just like our parents, meaning I spend most of my time at Jay's place or vice versa.

"Hey, Claire. Have you managed to ask Theo about your dad's signature?" Jay questions halfway through our game of monopoly. I shake my head.

"He's hard ever around which makes it hard to ask," I say with a shrug as I roll my dice and land on a six. 

"Nooo," I whine as I land on Broadway. The specific block that Jay bought at the beginning of the game which now has three hotels on.

"Yes! Hah, you owe me 36,000," Jay declares with a grin.

I count all my money and come up short.

"Ugh, you win," I say as I hand him all of my money. Jay smirks before we start packing up the game.

"I told you I was the monopoly master," he says. I roll my eyes.

"Do you want a drink? I think we've got some iced tea in the fridge," I suggest. 

"Sure," Jay agrees. I stand up from my spot on the ground and stretch out my legs slightly before heading over to the kitchen and grabbing two glasses out of the cupboard.

"Hey Claire," Jay calls from the living room.

"Yeah?" I ask as I pour the iced tea into the two glasses.

"Are these all of your photos?" I walk back into the living room with the glasses to find Jay looking through an old photo album that we keep in the drawers of the coffee table. I take a look at the book and shrug.

"I think we have some newer photos stored online but all of the old photos like our baby photos and stuff should all be in there," I say as I pass him his glass which he gratefully accepts.

"Are you sure?" Jay questions. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah, why?" I question curiously as I sit down beside him.

"The earliest photo here of you with your parents looks like from when you were about seven or eight," Jay points out as he flicks through the pages. I furrow my eyebrows before taking a closer look at the book.

"That can't be right, I remember Theo and I used to look through all of our baby photos from this book when we were little," I say as I begin to flick through the pages but find that Jay is right, the earliest photo looks like it's from my eighth birthday party.

"I don't understand…I was so sure…" I mumble as I go through all of the photos again.

"Wait, stop," Jay points to a particular picture.

"What happened to your eye here?" Jay questions. I take a closer look at the photo.

"Oh, yeah. That was just a couple of weeks after the crash," I explain.

"Crash?"

"We were still living in Beacon Hills at that point and it was just before my birthday. We were driving to pick Theo up from a friend when we crashed. My dad hurt his ankle and my mum and I got a couple of bruises but other than that we were fine," I say with a shrug as I recall the crash that happened about seven and a half years ago.

"Do you have any photos of your parents' wedding or something?" Jay questions. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah, I guess there should be some somewhere. Where are you going with this?" I question. Jay thinks for a moment before shrugging lightly.