Chapter Fifteen

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

The sun's rays filter through the foliage of the trees as we walk to the clearing, birds chirping in the distance and occasionally a squirrel or two will clamber past us and up a tree.

We still have a couple of hours till the sun goes down which leaves us with a fair amount of time to practise and get back before Theo and the others do.

"How did you first discover this clearing?" I ask curiously as we continue to walk, Jay saying we're only a short distance away now.

"My dad used to take me through the woods on nature walks when I was younger. He'd always point out the names of all the different types of trees and bushes," Jay trails off slightly as he looks at the ground.

I reach my hand out and grasp his, giving it a comforting squeeze which he returns with a small smile.

Jay's dad was deployed to Afghanistan when Jay was ten but was soon after announced as killed in action.

"It's just up ahead now," Jay announces after a moment of walking in silence. We break through from the dense forest and into an open clearing.

The grass is short and green with small daisies scattered about. Just like Jay mentioned, a handful of trees that line the clearing are covered in black soot. This clearing was probably formed by a fire that started here and burnt down the trees.

Jay and I walk till we stand in the middle of the clearing and I sit down on the soft bed of grass, Jay following suit.

"It's so beautiful," I murmur as I lie down, watching the fluffy white clouds moving slowly across the sky.

"Yeah, it is," Jay mutters softly in response.

We lay like that for a little while, just enjoying the fresh breeze and pointing out the different shapes the clouds form with laughs here and there.

"Hey, that one kinda looks like Stiles's face after running track," I point out with a giggle. Jay turns his gaze to where I'm pointing and lets out a laugh in agreement.

"That one over there looks like Obi when he's all fluffed up." I follow along where Jay's pointing to spot a large round cloud that has a few holes in it, forming what looks like eyes and a mouth. I let out a small giggle which is quickly cut off by the echoing sound of a twig snapping.

I quickly sit up along with Jay, and by the look on his face I'd say he heard that too. We carefully stand up and look around the clearing but don't spot anything.

"We should get going," I suggest and Jay quickly agrees. We walk back through the forest, not a word spoken as we are both on edge now.

The sun is slowly starting its descent, indicating that Jay and I were out for a lot longer than we initially thought and making us speed up our pace slightly.

"Maybe it was just a deer?" Jay suggests, referring to the sound we heard earlier.

"Yeah, may-" I'm suddenly cut off at the sound of heavy footsteps making their way towards us. Jay and I stop in our steps immediately as the three Dread Doctors glitch into view a few feet in front of us.

We stagger backwards and I quickly produce a ball of fire in my hands, launching it at them but they swiftly dodge it, unfazed by the attack.

"Jay, you need to call Scott or Theo," I order him as the Dread Doctors slowly advance on us. Jay nods and quickly pulls his phone out of his pocket but before he can call anyone, one of the Doctors speeds forwards and knocks him back against a tree.