Chapter Seven

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

"What do you mean they aren't really my parents? Like they're imposters or something?" I question Jay's idea. He shrugs.

"Maybe. I'm probably just being crazy." Jay says with a small laugh. I think for a moment.

"Something about all of this still doesn't feel right. It's just not adding up," I note. Jay nods.

"Why don't we check the records?" He blurts out. I look at him in question.

"We check the records from the night of the crash and see what the names of those two people that died were," Jay elaborates.

"Where would we even find those records?" I question. Jay looks at something behind me with a quirked eyebrow. I turn around to see Stilinski and Scott sitting by a table near us.

"His dad's the Sheriff," Jay points out. I sigh.

"Why would he give us the files? He hates Theo and doesn't trust either of us, remember?" I question. Jay shrugs.

"I have some information that might motivate him," Jay says with a smirk. I let out a small laugh.

"You have blackmail on Stilinski?" I question, amused. Jay grins before standing up.

"Come on," Jay says to me and I get up, following him over to Stilinski's table.

Stiles looks up and upon seeing us, specifically me, his expression turns sour.

"What do you want, little Raeken?" He questions with a groan as Jay and I sit opposite them.

"Stiles," Scott reprimands and elbows him in the side at his obvious rudeness.

"We need you to do something for us," I tell him. Stiles lets out a sarcastic laugh.

"Why would I do anything for you two?" He questions. Jay leans over slightly.

"You will unless you want the whole school to find out what happened on March 5th last year," Jay says with a smirk. Stiles pales slightly, his mouth agape.

"How do you know about that?" He questions with wide eyes. Jay lets out a small shrug.

"Okay, what do you two want?" Scott questions. I grab my backpack and quickly pull out the newspaper article, passing it to the two boys.

"We need to find the records on this crash," I tell them. Scott furrows his eyebrows curiously.

"Why?" He questions. Jay and I share a look.

"Can you do it or not?" Jay ignores his question. Stiles shakes his head.

"Why would I break into my dad's office and betray his trust like that?" Stiles exclaims dramatically. I roll my eyes.

"You've probably broken into his office hundreds of times before." Stiles opens his mouth to disagree but then closes it.

"Okay, fine. I'll do it," Stiles says with a groan. I grin.

"Thank you," I say before Jay and I get up and leave.

"I hate kids." Stiles's groan can be heard from behind us.

I don't bother waiting for Theo to pick me up after school, knowing he will probably just text some excuse as to why he can't come like he has for the past couple days so instead I just walk.

Jay had a dentist appointment right after school that his mum picked him up for so I walk by myself, enjoying the fresh breeze that gives a relief from the humid summer air.