Chapter Thirteen

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

I slowly regain consciousness to the sound of quiet music playing and the familiar sound of a tapping noise in beat with the song. I wince as more feeling returns to my limbs and my head pounds along with a painful burning sensation whenever I swallow. 

I allow my eyes to drift open to be greeted with the scenery of houses flashing by. I’m in a car. I lift my head up from where it rests against the window and a small yawn escapes from my lips.

“You’re finally awake,” a familiar voice comments. I whip my head so fast to the side that I’m surprised I don’t get whiplash.

“Theo?” I exclaim with a small smile plastered on my face at the sight of my brother. He gives his signature smile and takes one hand off of the steering wheel to ruffle my hair.

“I was really worried about you. I nearly went crazy when I got home and you weren’t there,” Theo says softly as he takes his eyes off the road for a moment to look at me, his eyes glistening. 

“How did you find us?” I question curiously as I look into the rearview mirror to find that both Liam and Hayden are sleeping against each other. 

“I was out driving around the area searching for you guys when I heard someone screaming. As I got closer I caught onto your scent which led me to that abandoned building,” Theo explains. We drive in silence for a moment before Theo speaks up again. 

“Why did they take you? You aren’t a Chimera,” Theo questions. I hesitate for a moment and swallow hard.

“Actually…I am. Jay and I found out about a week ago when I was in the bathroom and all of a sudden my eyes started to glow and…” I trail off slightly. 

“And?” Theo urges me on. I sigh.

“My hand caught on fire. The Dread doctors are calling me a Phoenix and are saying I’m not like the others. They did more experiments on me…they said I’m in the last phase now.” The car goes silent as I finish and Theo takes in all this new information. 

“Why didn’t you tell me? I could’ve-” Theo trails off as his voice breaks slightly.

“I’m sorry. You were never at home and always with Scott and his pack so I thought Jay and I would be able to handle it by ourselves,” I explain, tears slowly filling my eyes as guilt fills my stomach.

“If you’d told me I would’ve helped you. I could’ve shown you how to gain control and I would’ve spent more time with you,” Theo argues. I stay silent at that and slowly nod my head. Theo lets out a heavy sigh and I can practically smell the stress that’s radiating off of him for the remainder of the drive.

We pull into a stop in front of an unfamiliar house and Theo wakes a groggy Hayden and Liam.

"Where are we?" I question curiously as we walk up to the front door.

"Scott's house." Is Theo's reply. We open the front door and find Lydia waiting nervously. I suppose she didn't know whether or not Liam and Hayden had been found. 

After hugging both Liam and Hayden, Lydia announces that she's going to call Scott and let him know. I let out a small yawn and shift on my feet before Theo wraps his arm around me in a side hug.

Barely even five minutes later, a group of people rush into the room consisting of the girl that said I smelled weird that day at the library, Scott and Stiles, and Mason.

Scott's face lightens at the sight of his beta in one piece and out of harm's way as he pulls him into a tight hug.

"Scott, I can't breathe," Liam chokes out before Scott lightens his grip. Stiles also gives Liam a quick hug and although he hides it I can see how relieved he is.