Chapter Ten

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

"So he attacked Stiles?" I question once Theo has finished explaining. We're back at home and currently seated on the couch as Theo thought it'd be easier to talk here than on the roof of the hospital.

“Yeah, it was self-defence. If I didn’t kill him, he would’ve killed Stiles,” Theo answers. I think back on the gory scene that Jay and I walked in on. 

“What was he? He didn’t look like a werewolf.” And I could’ve sworn it looked like he had sparks of energy sizzling through his hands…

“He was a type of supernatural with electricity. That’s why the power kept cutting out at school today; he was absorbing the energy to become more powerful,” Theo explains.

I’ve never heard of a type of supernatural that can do that but I guess before I started to catch fire I’d never heard of anyone that could do that either. 

Yawing, I glance at the clock on the wall. It’s already nearly nine, which is a bit early to go to bed but I’m pretty tired. 

Theo notices my yawn and leans forwards to grab the tv remote from the coffee table.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” Theo suggests. I smile at the idea and quickly nod as I grab the throw from the back of the couch and wrap it around my legs, cuddling into its warmth.

“Which movie?” Theo questions as he turns on the tv. I think for a moment. 

“How about that new movie that just came out the other day? Wolverine?” I suggest. Jayden told me he watched it with his mum and that it was really good.

Theo shrugs. 

“Sure.” With that, he quickly finds the movie and starts to play it. I slowly start to fall asleep about halfway through the movie and my eyelids grow heavy. Letting out a small yawn, I rest my head against Theo’s shoulder and snuggle into his side for extra warmth.

My eyes flutter closed and my mind starts to slowly fall asleep. I hear Theo whisper into my ear and kiss me atop my head before I fully drift off. 

“I love you Claire-bear.”

I wake up bright and early the next morning, quickly taking a shower before getting changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt paired with one of Theo’s old hoodies I stole back in middle grade.

I’m going to Jay’s house today to practise my abilities and also to do some more research on what I actually am.

I head downstairs and into the kitchen where the smell of buttered toast and scrambled eggs fills my senses. 

“Good morning, mum,” I greet mum as I grab a glass of juice from the fridge. 

“Morning,” she replies as she continues to cook some eggs. I grab my bag from where I left it last night and quickly make sure that the Dread Doctors book is still inside. Jay said I should bring it with me just in case there’s some extra information we need in there. It’s becoming obvious that this isn’t just any plain old book.

“What’s that?” I jump slightly at Theo’s voice over my shoulder. Why does he always walk so quietly? He should consider being a ninja as a future career.

“Nothing, just a school textbook for english,” I lie smoothly as I zip my backpack up. Theo tilts his head curiously but doesn’t say anything else. 

“I’m going to go now, bye mum,” I call to her. 

“Bye,” she replies without turning to face me, keeping her attention on the pan in front of her. I sling my bag over my shoulder and make my way to the front door, about to turn the handle only to be stopped.