Chapter Sixteen - Epilogue

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

[ 3rd person pov ]

Jay sits with Claire's body in his arms for a while, sobs wracking his body as he can't find the energy in him to stand up and leave her.

The smell of smoke is prominent in the air as the circle of burnt ground and ash smoulders around them. Jay doesn't even notice the sound of footsteps running towards him till he is thrown away from her body and punched harshly across the face.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Theo yells, punching Jay again and again till he is roughly pulled off the boy by Scott.

Finally calming down slightly, Theo pulls himself away from Scott and rushes over to his sister's body, tears freely flowing from his eyes as he gently cradles her in his arms, letting out a choked sob as his eyes glow bright yellow.

"What happened?" Scott questions, helping Jay to his feet as his eyes water too at the sight of the dead young girl.

"T-they attacked us and injected her with something an-and then she d-died," Jay stutters out, guilt filling him as he turns his gaze to the ground so as to not have to look at her body any longer.

"Why were you out here?" Theo growls, "why did you leave Scott's house?" 

"We came out here to train her abilities more…" Jay trails off. In hindsight, it was such a stupid idea and now because of it, Claire's dead.

Everyone looks up at the sound of a cracking stick before the flaming hellhound emerges from the trees.

"What's going on? Who's that?" Jay questions with wide eyes as the hellhound walks towards them. Scott looks down sadly.

"He's here to take her body." Scott pulls Theo from his sister as Parrish comes forward, collecting her body in his arms before disappearing into the trees once more.

Theo turns his head to look at Jay, his eyes glowing dangerously.

"This is all your fault!" He attempts to lunge at the boy again but Scott holds him back, his eyes glowing red with the strength it takes to hold back the grieving werewolf.

"Theo calm down. This isn't his fault, okay? None of us would've been able to stop the Dread Doctors," Scott reasons.

"But I would've been there. I would've been with her when she…when she…" Theo cuts off his sentence as his voice cracks. 

Jay feels his own eyes filling with tears again at the immense guilt.

"I'm so sorry," he mumbles before turning on his heels and rushing away from the alpha and grieving beta, unable to stand there any longer. 

Jay keeps running and doesn't stop till he slams to his knees, sobs wracking his body as he sits on the sidewalk. It has begun to pour with rain, washing the blood from his face and causing his hair to stick to his forehead.

The moon is high in the sky and cars rush past, their headlights glinting as they speed through the rain. None of them notice or care enough to stop for the boy crying on the sidewalk, except for one lady in a red Nissan.

"Jay? Jay what's wrong? What happened?" His mother questions, her voice laced with worry as she rushes out of her car to kneel next to her son.

"She's gone. She's gone and it's all my fault."

(600 words)
Very short but I thought it'd be interesting to get a glimpse of how they would react to Claire's death.

I'll probably post the first chapter of part 2 in a week or so but until then, have a wonderful day/night 😊