Chapter Eleven

I don't own MTV's Teen Wolf or any of its characters, only my OCs.

(In the previous chapter I made a mistake by accidently calling Jay's mum Anne instead of Sarah like it's mentioned in an earlier chapter. I've fixed that mistake so that it now correctly says Sarah. Sorry for any confusion.)

Before Jay and I can delve into the pages of the Bestiary, he gets a message from his mum saying she’s waiting in the parking lot for us. 

“We can’t check out the book because it’s from the archives, should we try photocopying it instead? Or taking photos of the pages?” Jay questions. I think for a moment. 

“Go stall your mum for a bit so I can quickly photocopy the pages we might need. Tell her I’m in the bathroom or something,” I suggest. Jay nods and quickly grabs his backpack before heading out of the library. 

I pick up the heavy book and walk over to the photocopy machine. Luckily it being the weekend means there’s no librarian here otherwise I’d be told off for doing this. 

I put the book down on the table beside the machine and open it up, flicking through the pages as I look for any supernatural creatures that are fire related. 

I quickly stop on a particular page when I spot the picture of a man on fire. 

Hellhound,” I read the title of the picture aloud. This could be something useful. 

I open the top of the copy machine and turn it on, preparing to put the book inside. 

“Hey, you’re Theo’s sister Claire, right?” I voice behind me startles me, causing me to jump around to be greeted by a girl with short, light brown hair and brown eyes standing beside a girl that I recognise as the popular Lydia Martin.

“Uh, yeah,” I answer, standing more in front of the Bestiary to hide it from view. I know Lydia is in Scott’s pack so chances are this other girl is too. 

“I’m Lydia and this is Malia,” Lydia introduces with a small smile. I give a small smile in return while trying my hardest not to glance back at the copy machine as it beeps, signalling it’s ready to be used. 

“Uh, did you want something?” I question, trying not to sound rude but also rushed for time. 

“Just thought we’d introduce ourselves to our newest pack member’s sister,” Lydia says with a shrug before glancing at the copy machine as it beeps again. 

“What are you printing there?” she questions curiously in a light tone. 

“Oh, just some school stuff,” I say with a nonchalant shrug, hoping that they’ll leave so I can finish this up. Malia narrows her eyes and sniffs at the air slightly. 

“You’re lying. And why do you smell weird?” she questions bluntly. I gape at her for a moment as Lydia elbows her in the side. 

“Uh, sorry?” Is she a new wolf or something?

“Don’t mind her. Well, we’ll leave you to it,” Lydia quickly says before dragging a protesting Malia off. Well that was weird. 

Turning my attention back to the machine, I quickly photocopy both pages before closing the book. I don’t have time to look for anything else so I hope this is enough. 

I grab my pages from the machine before heading back to where we found the book, quickly shoving it back onto the shelf before heading out of the library.