Chapter 7

I shoved my books into my locker before taking out the ones I need. I rested my head on the locker next to me for a second trying to get rid of just a little bit of my exhaustion but obviously it did nothing.

When my locker was roughly slammed it made me jump almost 4 feet in the air. I placed a hand on my chest trying to slow my heartbeat while looking up to see Leo smirking at me.

"How's your morning going Alessia? Hmm?" He said tilting his head.

I clenched my fist before trying to step past him but he put his hand out stopping me from going anywhere.

"What you don't wanna talk to me?" He said smirking while his posey stood behind him.

"Can I help you?" I said giving him a tight lipped smile.

"I just wanted to remind you that you're nothing but a waste of space," he said innocently giving me a large smile.

I looked down at the ground before I felt an arm drape over my shoulder.

"Fuck off Leo," it was Luca. I looked up at him and if looks could kill Leo would be 6 feet under.

"Or what? What are you gonna do Luca?" Leo said taking a step closer.

"I said fuck off," Luca seethed.

"Why are you even protecting her?"

"I'm giving you one last chance Leo," Luca said also taking a step closer to Leo.

Luca was slightly taller than Leo so as Leo tried to look down on him all he achieved was showing off his nose hairs.

"Oh you don't know do you?" Leo said taking a step back as amusement swam around his eyes.

My heart rate increase by a tenfold once I realised what he meant.

"Leo stop," I said trying to keep my tears at bay.

"You didn't tell him?" Leo said now laughing. "Luca you didn't know your little girly here is a murderer?" Leo said looking at Luca who's face contorted into confusion.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Luca said looking down at me before looking back at Leo.

"Leo don't," I begged taking a step forwards trying to push Luca away but he stayed rotted to his spot.

"No no, I think he deserves to know, don't you?"

"Lessy what's he talking about?" Luca said looking at me.

"Luca let's just go. Come on please let's go." I said grabbing his hand but he shrugged me off before turning back to Leo.

At this point a large crowd of students had gathered.

"Little lessy here killed our father," he seethed before turning to the crowd, "that's right she killed her own father," he yelled out making everyone gasp.

You know that moment where everything freezes. The world goes silent, all you can hear is your heart pummeling against your chest, slamming against your ribs. Your ears are ringing as your head pounds.

This was the exact opposite.

The world was so loud. Too loud.

The sounds of the people around me seemed to be intensified. Everyone's eyes were on me. Everyone was whispering, pointing, talking.

I felt frozen. My brain had disconnected from my body leaving me senseless when suddenly I felt a hand grab mine dragging me out of the building. Everything passed by in a blur.

I was snapped out of my daze when Luca shook me worry evident in his features.

"Lessy, lessy hey it's okay, I don't believe him okay?" Luca said pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry we should have left when you said. I'm sorry."

I stood frozen in his embrace. He didn't believe Leo but Leo was telling the truth. I had truly killed my father.

Was I breathing? It didn't feel like I was breathing. I need to breath. Why couldn't I breathe?

Luca Pulled away before bending down slightly so we we're at eye level. His eyes darted from left to right as he looked into my eyes.

"Alessia you need to breathe. Come on breathe with me." He said taking deep big breaths. I tried copying him as big fat salty tears rushed down my face. "Come on Alessia please just try to breathe with me." I looked up at him as he stared at me full of concern.

He pulled me back into his arms holding me tight enough that I could feel his heartbeat. It was fast. He was scared. I listened to his heartbeat trying to calm myself for his sake. He shouldn't have to deal with me like this.

I took deep breaths as I held in my sobs. Luca tightened his hug as I finally wrapped my arms around him. I clenched the back of his shirt in my fists as I buried my face in his chest taking comfort in his arms.

But then the guilt began to weigh down in me. I didn't deserve this. I didn't deserve him. He didn't deserve this. I slowly pulled away as I wiped my tears before taking two steps back.

We stood in silence for a while as Luca reached out before clutching his fist and returning it to his side almost as if it pained him not to be able to comfort me.

I shook my head before looking up at him.

"He's telling the truth." I whispered making Luca take a sharp intake of breath. He stared at me eyes wide before he took a step back.

He looked around before looking back at me. I looked down. I didn't want to see the disgust. Or the hatred. Or the anger that he would be looking at me with.

"Alessia I-" he stopped. It was silent before I felt him take my hand making my eyes snap up. "Come with me," he said dragging me towards his truck.

He almost practically pushed me into it before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the vehicle.

We drove for a while, I felt my eyes begin to droop but I forced myself to keep them open.

"Sleep, it's okay," I heard Luca's voice but it sounded so distant.

I simply nodded not trusting my voice before succumbing to the impending darkness.

Don't be a silent reader xoxo