Chapter 27

LUCA'S POV

I stared ahead as Alessia's coffin was lowered into the ground.

She had been cremated by her own wishes before she had died but the Romano brother's had wanted to give her a proper funeral. I blinked away the tears in my eyes refusing to let myself cry Infront of everyone but the guilt was eating me alive.

Alessia had given her life for mine.

I clenched my fists until I drew blood but it didn't bother me. I couldn't feel a thing. The one person. The one fucking person.

I had been happy. Then I had lost everything leaving me heart broken and alone. She put my heart back together piece by piece. But now she's gone. Now she's gone and I don't know what to do.

I looked over at the Romano brothers who hadn't said a single word during the entire funeral. People had gone over and given their condolences but all were met with silence. I scoffed.

How dare they sit there and play the victim. They were the reason she was gone. If they had listened. If they had just fucking listened.

Leo looked over at me, I glared back. He didn't seem surprised or fazed. He only lowered his head as his shoulders began to shake slightly.

He was... Crying?

I failed to understand how they had hated her for years and then cry at her funeral?

I was almost shocked.

I shook the thought off looking back down at the hole that was now being covered up. Lessy was gone. And this only solidified it.

I took a deep breath trying my hardest to hold my tears in but as soon as my father put his hand on my shoulder the dam burst open. She had reunited me with my father and I couldn't even thank her.

"Fuck," I whispered as my whole body shook with so many emotions.

I had known death. I had dealt with death. But this was on a whole nother level. What had I done to deserve this? To have every person I had ever loved stripped away from me. I hadn't just lost Alessia but in a way I had lost Sofia too.

I would give anything for things to go back to the way they were.

Sofia's betrayal was something I never expected. She had hidden it so well. But I had truly cared for her. I was just as protective over Sofia as lessy.

Just because I loved Alessia differently didn't mean I'd protect her more than Sofia. She was like my sister. But now I had lost both of the most important People in my life. The only difference was that I'll never get one of them back.

How was I meant to exist without Alessia?

She was the one person. The only person. The only one who made me feel a little less alone and she was ripped away from me. I didn't want to live in a world without her. I couldn't.

She gave her life for mine.

I had planned to make her mine. But now she was gone. There wasn't a single thing I could do to bring her back. There wasn't a thing I could do to save her. Not one.

I would give up anything just to have her wake up. Even if it's my own worthless life. I wanted to scream. I just wanted my lessy back.

I was so deep in my thought that I hadn't even realised Leo was walking up to me. As soon as he got close enough he stopped walking. He opened and closed his mouth multiple times. As if trying to find the right words.