Chapter 49

"Now I'm just confused." Leo said as he stared at the computer. Everyone crowded around Andrea's computer in pure confusion and surprise.

Andrea zoomed in to the image only solidifying what they had already discovered.

They stared at the image of the attackers at the hotel with unsure eyes. The symbol of the Italian mafia. They all had the tattoo of the Italian mafia.

"And you're sure you know nothing about this?" Luca asked Alessandro for the upteenth time making Alessandro glare at him.

"Why would I attack my own men? It just doesn't make sense. This means whoever is doing all this has connections to high members of the Italian mafia. They're someone who-" he stopped as it all began to come together. The pieces of the puzzle finally fell into place making him let out a dark chuckle. "After everything she still can't seem to leave us alone." He muttered under his breath.

He met Andrea's confused gaze and almost as if they were speaking with their eyes Andrea began to understand exactly what he had just realized. "That bitch." She groaned before standing up. Her brain was reeling with all the thoughts racing through her. If she was truly capable of all this that mean that Andrea had finally met her match. She was as strong as her. As smart as her. Or perhaps, like Sofia, she had only one good idea. Only time could tell. But something told Andrea that wasn't the case. She was planning something something big and Andrea couldn't seem to figure it out

"You guys wanna share with the rest of the group?" Leo asked making the two turn towards him.

"It's obviously Amelia behind all this." Alessandro said with his eyebrows furrowed. Emilio let out a loud gasp as the rest of his brothers stared at Alessandro in shock.

"No, you don't really think she's capable of all this?"

"She was capable of killing our father and letting me take the blame. I highly doubt any of this is hard for her." Andrea drawled out making Emilio look down.

As much as he didn't want to a small part of him didn't want his mother to be capable of it. He wished to God he could go back in time to when his mother loved them. It was no doubt that Emilio was closest to his mother. He was a carbon copy of her. He missed her. But he didn't miss the woman she had become. He missed the woman she was. He missed that time. When everyone was happy. When their sister still loved them. Then again they had killed her love so what could he do? He was so incredibly horrible to stand there and make up excuses for their mother when he had not made a single excuse for Andrea. He may not have insulted her. Or ignored her. But he was just as bad as the rest of them.

"But we have no real proof." Leo said. Andrea looked at them incredulously. How dare they still try and protect her. After everything they still defended her. Rage pummeled through her filling her up to the brim making her clench her fists tightly.

"You had no real proof that I killed my father yet you believed that blindly." She snapped making leo flinch back.

He opened his mouth to say something but Andrea was already half way out of the room. She couldn't take it. The anger that bubbled inside of her scared her. How was she meant to function? How was she meant to go about everyday acting as though nothing was wrong when everything was wrong. She was falling apart. The strength she had used to keep herself together was slowly diminishing and she would be left to pick up the pieces.

She didn't know how to wake up every morning and look at their faces. The faces of the people who once loved her lost in the world. The same faces who once hated her most. The same faces who now begged for her forgiveness. But through all that she couldn't help but feel guilty. And she couldn't even figure out why.