Chapter 48

Andrea saw red as she slammed Sofia up against the wall again. "Don't fucking lie to me! You can't escape this Sofia." She seethed her face overtaken with a sense of evil.

"Andrea if I had killed Liam I'd make sure you knew that I killed Liam. I'd write you a note telling you how I did it, why I did it and when and where I did it." She drawled out slowly. Making Andrea slightly loosen her hold.

"If you didn't kill Liam then who did?"

"You're asking the wrong person," Sofia said with a nonchalant shrug. "But he'll I wish I had done that." She said with a smile making Andrea's fist connect with her face. "Ow you mother fucker!" She exclaimed as blood poured out of her nose

"I don't care if you didn't kill liam. That doesn't mean you're not going to pay for everything else Sofia." Andrea gritted out as millions of thoughts raced through her mind.

"Oh my god can we get over that? That was five years ago for fucks sake." Sofia said with an eyeroll filling Andrea up with even more confusion.

"You didn't attack my weapons bases or the hotel?"

"Andrea I thought you were dead until three days ago." She said making Andrea realise that Sofia truly had not been behind any of the happenings of the past few days.

Sofia was not the mastermind Andrea had thought she was. She had been put on a pedestal she did not deserve.

"Rudenko warned me not to attack you but I was mad. I was so fucking mad that once again you managed to come out on top. Once again you bested me. I'm sick of you being better than me Andrea." She seethed bringing her face up close. Andrea blinked at her before slamming her head back into the wall efficiently knocking her out.

She then turned around letting out a frustrated groan as she ruffled her hair. Sofia had not been behind anything. Which meant Andrea had an enemy somewhere she didn't know about.

Someone who was just as smart as her. Had just as many resources as her. Someone who was her equal match. She let out an angry groan before kicking the now empty bucket which rolled around on the floor. "Fuck!" She yelled out slamming her hand into the metal door making it reverberate throughout the entire basement. She let out another groan before storming upstairs to inform the others about her findings.

She had wasted years on Sofia when it was never her. She had been analysing the wrong enemy.

It was safe to say she was angry. Rage pummeled through her every nerve as she clenched her fists. She thought she had figured it out. She always figured it out. But now she couldn't. Because of one person. Andrea was raging.

She stormed into the conference room slamming the door open making all seven men jump. "You will never believe what I just found out." She said with a small manic laugh. She looked at her brother's incredulously as she rested one hand on her hip. The other flew up as she slowly began massaging her head trying to will away her impending headache. "Sofia was never behind it all." She said with an incredulous scoff. "She thought I was dead. So the attacks the bullets the weapons... Liam." She took a breath. "None of that was her." She said throwing her arms up as anger courses through her. She let out another groan before driving her fist into the wall.

She shook her fist out before letting out a breath. She needed to get control of her anger. But she couldn't. How the hell had she missed it? Why did she just assume it was all Sofia? If she had just taken a little bit more time. Put in a little bit more thought. Andrea was angry at no one but herself. "I'm going to go figure this shit out." She said in a low tone.

"You don't have to figure it out alone." Emilio said softly making Andrea look at him with her eyebrows furrowed. "Andrea we may not have been there then but we're here now. And we want to help you. If you'll let us?" He said gesturing around the table.