Chapter 22

It took a few second for me to register I was in someone's arms as I was woken from my dazed sleep.

A crushing headache hit me like truck as I slowly looked around the dimly lit room. My eyes then fell on a familiar deep brown gaze which always brought butterflies to my stomach.

"Oh thank god I thought you were dead" he cried pulling me into him. "Oh thank god thank you thank you thank you," he whispered over and over again holding me close.

I couldn't seem to find my voice as everything felt so surreal.

"Lessy are you okay?" he said pulling back a little but I could only stare at him. I took a chance to look at him. To really look at him. There were small fading bruises littered across his face and a couple scratches all over his arms. His hair was messy but not his normal good type of messy as his appearance in general seemed disheveled.

"You're here," I whispered making him smile widely.

"I'm here Sia, I'm here," he said gently.

"Where are we?" I asked after a few silent moments.

"I don't know where we are but about two days ago they threw you in here bloody and bruised." He said pushing a few strands of hair out of my face.

"I've been unconscious for two days?" I asked scrunching my eyebrows up. He nodded solemnly a thin layer of unshed tears in his eyes.

"God Sia it was horrible you were bleeding so much and I couldn't- I couldn't-" his voice slowly trailed of as a tear slipped down his cheek. I slowly lifted my hand up wiping it away as I felt bits and pieces of my strength coming back to me.

Just then his expression twisted into something of horror as he stared up at the door.

"Oh god sofia did they hurt you too?" He asked almost frantically as I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Luca she's-" I was cut off by Sofia's manic laughter which sent chills through me.

"Oh how touching," she said mockingly as I turned my body to face her. I slowly pushed myself out of Lucas hold sitting up properly by my self.

"Hello Alessia," she said giving me a sick smile, "feeling better," she mocked tilting her head to the side. She slowly began to approach us.

"You're with them?" Luca almost growled out standing up taking a fighting stance obviously preparing himself. I followed his actions standing up shakily leaning myself back on the wall.

"Ohh protective are we?" She said as Luca slowly pushed me behind him. "No need to get so defensive. I'm not here to hurt either of you." She looked down at my blood soaked shirt. "Well anymore than I already have" she giggled.

This bitch fucking giggled.

"See Luca I've actually got a surprise for you," she looked towards the door. "You're gonna love this one. You see you lost someone about a year ago."

She then snapped her fingers as three men came storming into the room dragging a body with them.

The man looked up and as soon as his eyes landed on Luca an unexplainable expression took over his face. It was mixed with shock, sadness, anger. It was impossible to pinpoint.

"Why is he here! Why the fuck is he here! I swear to god I'll kill you! let him go! why is he here?!" The man yelled as he thrashed around trying to escape his bounds but his eyes never once left Luca.

Luca had stilled. He hasn't moved once since he saw the man's face. Then he said something that changed everything.

"Dad?" He said his voice so vulnerable it made me want to scoop him up into my arms.