Chapter 15

"so there's 7 mafias they have beef with two of which no-one knows who runs them," I said sliding over the sheet full of information I had collected over the past week.

It had been a week since my not so great family dinner and now we were back at school. I slid into the uncomfortable metal chair opposite Luca and Sofia desperately trying to avoid the stares of my class mates as last time I was in school Leo had told everyone I had killed my own father.

Only bright side was that Amelie was avoiding us like the plague not wanting to be associated with a murderer. Even the teachers were acting like I would shoot them at any moment.

Fucking ridiculous if you ask me.

"Russian and American?" Luca said scanning through the files breaking me out of my thoughts.

"No one knows who the dons or donnas are, they've never shown their face." Lucas mouth formed an o shape before he nodded.

"So what do we do now? Where do we go from here," Sofia said.

"Well based on the type of beef they have I've been able to narrow it down to three mafias," I said taking a breath before continuing, "Russian, English and American," Luca let out a sharp puff of breath running his hand through his hair.

"Why those three?" Sofia asked.

"Well the Russians and Italians have been butting heads since my great grandfathers reign, the Italians stole 356million pounds worth of euros in drugs from the English, and the Americans and Italians are arch enemies after my dad killed the old Don of the American mafia. No one knows who the new boss is as their face was never shown. The old Don of the American mafia was never known to have kids so no-one knows who took over for him after his death." I said. "As for the rest of them it's just stupid things like refusing to marry their daughters or petty feuds over assassins." I finished of.

Luca looked even more stressed than before as did Sofia.

"So now what?" Sofia said, her voice shaking with nerves.

"Now we infiltrate," I said taking back the files Infront of Luca putting them in my bag.

"Using my brother's name I've got 6 of our men undercover in each of the mafias, I've realised that sending me to kill a mafia dons sister is dangerous, life threatening, so a smart don would obviously send lower ranked men who they can afford to lose not the higher ranked men. So if our men are undercover they'll be considered lowly ranked men. Meaning they're more likely to be sent out to harm us than the other soldiers." I said looking back up at the two. "See this way we can figure out which mafia is sending threats," I said finally done with my explanation.

"You think that'll work?" Luca asked.

An uneasy knot settled into my stomach. "I don't know," I said unsurely making both Luca and Sofia let out breaths.

Sofia then took my hand holding it tightly, "hey you're doing the best you can okay? We're here to help ok," she said giving me a soft smile.

I returned it before turning to Luca, "oh by the way I spoke to Liam and he's canceled all your fights for the next month but I've got a couple lined up." I said as he nodded.

"You have one tonight?" He asked. I nodded in response to his question. His face twisted into concern. "Are you sure about that? You've only just started to recover from the accident. Are you sure you should be fighting?"

I let out a sigh before giving him a comforting smile. "It's been three weeks Luca. I'm fine. Besides the painkillers I've got are pretty strong." He nodded but didn't look convinced. He opened his mouth to say something but the bell ringing cut him off almost immediately.

The rest of the school day went along as it does. With stares and whispers and everyone running in the other direction when they see me coming. I had never been happier to leave school before.

For the upteenth time on my walk home I felt eyes boring into the back of my head. This worried me to no extent.

If they were tailing me at all times they could know about my plan. That wouldn't be good. That would compromise everything.

I had to be careful. I don't know when they would attack and Luca was at danger at every moment of the day. Every second away from him was nothing but anxiety wracking my brain.

Anything could happen as soon as I turn my back. I had to watch mine aswell as his.

On that thought I sent him a quick message doing a safety check.

In almost seconds he sent a picture in his car with his thumbs up.

I scanned his surroundings incase he was being forced to take the picture and send it but everything looked normal. Although that didn't ease my anxiety. Almost a second after I got a video call from him. I accepted quickly and his voice rang out.

"Knowing you I figured that picture wouldn't help so here," he said giving me a full view of his car. My shoulders finally sagged in relief.

"I'm okay Sia, I promise," he said giving me a small smile. I gave him a small one back.

"Thank you," I almost whispered.

"And hey," he said just before I hung up, "I don't blame you," he said making sure to emphasize on the blame.

"I know, I know," I said my smile widening slightly as he made sure to reassure me of this eveyday.

"You want me at your fight today?" He said after a while.

"No it would probably be safer if you stayed home." I said "I'll come over afterwards, to check on you,"

He nodded before reaching into the back of his car and getting something.

"I have to go but I'll see you later Kay? I'll leave the key in the plant pot. Foster's are out till day after tomorrow so you can spend the night," he said.

"Okay. bye," I said before he hung up.

As soon as I was left with the silence my mind started up, playing it's nasty tricks on me.

Filling me up with thoughts that made me want to cry, scream and bash my head into a wall. I was scared. God I was so fucking scared. But I couldn't afford to let my fear get the best of me. I had people counting on me to find out way our of this mess and I couldn't afford to let them down.

They trusted me. They put all of their trust in me and that put an unbearable amount of pressure on my shoulders. But I'll bear it. I have to bear it. Because If I don't, we'll all end up dead.

The day went along quickly and I soon found my way back to the underground ring.

The familiar smell of drugs, alcohol and everything in-between filled my senses as I walked down the narrow hall towards the locker room. I made it there and set my bag down before a frantic liam came rushing up almost knocking me down to the ground.

"Shit Sia I promise I tried to cancel it I swear you have to believe me," he said his forehead lined with a thin layer of sweat.

"Liam what happened what is it," I asked as panic rushed through me at his disheveled appearance.

"Sia," he let out a breath his eyes darting from left to right, "Sia you're fighting Leo,"

Don't be a silent reader xoxo