Chapter 13

"no, no, no Luca? LUCA?!" I yelled rushing into the room checking everywhere. Fear bled through me. I wasn't even gone for an hour. Where the fuck are the guards?

"God stop yelling my head is killing me," I heard his voice ring out from the direction of the bathroom.

I span around seeing the guard holding him helping him back to his bed.

Relief flooded through me when it suddenly clicked.

"Oh my god you're awake," I said barreling my body into his. He immediately held me close resting his hand at the back of my neck.

"Oh my god I'm sorry Luca, I'm sorry I'm so sorry," I said as he held me rubbing my back slightly.

"You did nothing wrong okay?" He said making me nod although I didn't believe him. "Are you just gonna stare at me or are you gonna come give me hug," I heard him say and saw that he was talking to Sofia. In just a second she was a part of our hug as Luca held the both of us tightly.

As soon as we pulled away I sent a hard punch to his arm. "Ow!! Sia what the fuck," he aid rubbing his arm with his eyebrows furrowed.

"What the fuck where you thinking going into a coma? Do you know how worried I was?" I said hitting him again but this time with less force.

"Oh my bad. I'm sorry Lessy next time I just won't go into a coma," he said sarcasm dripping all over his words. I simply rolled my eyes at him but couldn't help the smile that graced my face.

Luca let out a scoff before hobbling over to his bed making me feel a little bit guilty for hitting him.

Just a little bit though.

"So what did I miss?" He asked once he was comfortable.

"There's a threat on your life," Sofia said with a shrug taking a seat on the sofa.

"Oh," Luca said nodding before doing a double take, "wait wha-"

"Yeah they left this note," I said pulling it out of my pocket handing it to him.

He carefully unfolded it before reading it. He let out a shaky breath running his hand through his hair a few times before letting out a small exhale.

"Do you know who wrote this?" He asked handing it back to me.

"No but I'm gonna find out I promise," I said folding the piece of paper before putting it back in my pocket.

"Shit, that's fucked up," Luca said his eyebrows furrowed in frustration. "Why would anyone want to do this?" He asked his face contorting into one of confusion.

"I have a theory," I started of quietly making them both look over at me. With a heavy sigh I pushed off of the couch I was leaning on walking towards Luca.

"My brother's are uhm," I paused not really sure how they would take the news. "My brother's are involved in some really shady stuff,"

"Like what?" Luca asked his face twisted in confusion and concern.

"Like uhm... The mafia," I said looking down at my shoes.

It was silent for a while. I looked up to see Luca staring at me with his eyes wide and mouth agape. "The- the mafia?"

"Yeah uhm my brother, he's the don, the leader." I took a deep breath before continuing, "my brother's are really powerful. my guess is that a rival mafia or something is trying to get to them through me. I guess they don't know that my brother's don't particularly care." I said with a slight sad chuckle at the end.

Luca looked down as if he was trying to wrap his mind around it. "I don't understand. Mafias are real?" I almost laughed as I nodded softly. "Oh wow. Ok that's uhm. Wow." He looked back down in thought. "Are you like. Are you a part of it?" He asked looking back up at me.