020. Marriage Pact

"Then let me escape," Aemma pleaded, striding forward and grabbing hold of Aemond, "Let me fly away on Greensmoke to the safety of Dragonstone

"Then let me escape," Aemma pleaded, striding forward and grabbing hold of Aemond, "Let me fly away on Greensmoke to the safety of Dragonstone. I will not survive here,"

Silence filled the air, the two young lovers staring at each other in vain. Aemma was gripping Aemond's hands, trying to see what emotions were lurking behind his conflicted eyes. Each time Aemond would attempt to look away, Aemma's gentle hand would guide his face back to her, leaving him unable to look away from the pain in front of her.

"I can't," Aemond's voice cracked, "It would cause you only more pain,"

Aemma's heart dropped, but she didn't allow herself to stop. Her brothers flashed through her mind as she tried to come up with another plan. She knew how important it was for her to return home and warn her family. She highly doubted the Hightowers would have informed her mother of the recent usurping. The treachery would surely put her brothers in mortal danger, especially Jace. Her heart panged at the thought, knowing the Hightowers would likely cut out anyone who was a threat to Aegon's rule. Jace and her mother would have larger targets on their backs than anyone else.

"Aemond, please," Aemma begged, "If you love me as much as I love you, you have to let me leave,"

"Don't do that," Aemond said softly, his voice strained under the emotions, "You cannot do that to me,"

Aemma wouldn't give up, her hands travelling from his hands to his face, desperately trying to get him to see reason. Tears prickled at the corner of her eyes, feeling as though she were fighting for the future of her own life.

As a babe, she had always thought the idea of being a Knight would be a rewarding life, getting to ride a mighty horse and cut down her enemies. But as she imagined her own death, seeing it standing just before her, she found envy in herself for a role of a knight. They saw their death standing across the battlefield and they did not run, instead they gripped their swords and rushed towards it. They had noble deaths, deaths they fought against until the end. Aemma had no sword, no dragon, no way to meet her death with some nobility. If she were to face her death here, it would be by the axe. She would have no ability to defend herself. She would get a pathetic death.

"If you were to escape into the clouds and back to Dragonstone, my family would have no choice but to assume you were a traitor to Aegon's rule," Aemond said, trying to get her to see his reasoning, "You are only safe with me, you have to remain at my side so I can protect you,"

"I only need protection from your family Aemond," Aemma fought back, "You may be able to protect me now, but if Aegon becomes a false King than he can do as he pleases. You could not go against his word,"

"I would for you,"

"My wish if for us both to leave for Dragonstone and denounce Aegon as a Usurper," Aemma told him, "But you cannot do that. You cannot abandon your family and I cannot abandon mine, so I must go alone,"

"I am your family,"

"You are," Aemma said softly.

She pressed a kiss to his forehead, her lips resting there for a moment before she brought her lips down to his. Aemond pulled her even closer to him, impossibly close, curving Aemma's body against his as he deepened the kiss. It was long and hard, leaving Aemma and Aemond to forget about the chaos around them as they could only focus on each other. Aemma's hands travelled up Aemonds body, twisting and twirling his soft locks between her fingers. Aemond kept his grip firm, as though he were scared someone would try and pull his princess away from him. His fingers surely left small bruises where they held her, holding on for everything he had, but Aemma didn't mind.

They began to move. It was unclear who began moving first but as the two began making their way to the bed without separating, it mattered little who was to blame for the escalation.

Aemma's back hit the soft bed, her hands moving to cup Aemonds face as she bit at his lower lip causing Aemond to moan.

Aemond pulled away first, their foreheads touching.

"I will help you escape," Aemond said, lowering his mouth to her ear, "But you must do me one thing,"

Aemma looked at him with questioning eyes, her head tilting slightly, "What?"

"Marry me," Aemond said, his lips leaving soft kisses along her neck and jawbone, "Marry me in the traditions of Old Valeryia. That way, no matter how this war ends, not a single person can break us apart,"

Aemma stared up at him in bewilderment as Aemond continued his tirade of kisses. She placed her hand on his face, guiding it back to her as she looked him deep in the eyes.

"Truly?" Aemma whispered, shock consuming her, "You would do this? What will Otto Hightower say?"

"Fuck my grandfather," Aemond said, still hovering over her, "We were meant to be wed by fire and blood,"

Aemma broke into a smile, nodding her agreement to the request.

"I would marry you a thousand times," Aemma told him, capturing his lips in hers as she pulled him even closer to her.

Aemond kneeled before the bed in which she was lying, pulling her by her thighs towards him as he resumed the kiss. Aemma's fingers gripped his hair, a breathless laugh leaving her mouth as she paused for a breath.

"But who in their right mind would ever marry us," Aemma asked, draping her arms over Aemond's shoulders.

"Helaena,"

Authors note:

Shut up I can do what I want 😘

Also, why do I feel like this would encompass Aemond as a dad