My pug 2 (finale)

((Based off of Wildhood ofc))

Robin's hand on the wheel slid over the side as he changed hands. He looked in an uneasy fashion at such a recent conversation.

The road seemed to be quite the stretch. The car tipped and tripped until the engine was busting out in smoke.

"Woah! Pull over!" Called Finney, feeling as Gwen csme forward to overlook the situation uneasily.

Robin pulled to the side and hopped out; he spoke something Finney didn't catch. "I knew this was gonna happen..." he groaned and grumbled. Yet Finney was confused on how Robin could remain with such an easy tone though his car had broken down and he had hitchhiked miles with dirty, abused strangers not even a foot away from him.

"What is it?" Finney walked to help pop the hood of the car. Coughing and turning away at the clouds of smoke that rose towards his face.

"I'm not sure." the long brown haired boy mumbled. He went back and pulled his bags from the front of the car. Getting out whatever was in there to stuff it all in his backpack.

"We better hitchhike. Grab a couple horses, Steal some cars." Robin yakked and gave a lighthearted smile towards Finney.

"Can we really do that?" Gwen followed the two like an intrigued cat.

"He was joking." Finney ruffled her hair, running after and right behind Robin.

"For the night, we aren't gonna make it to the hotel." He raised a brow, the playful running slowed to a curious walk.

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"We'll gather wood, sleep in the car for tonight, we gotta make a fire. – Dry wood. Get dry wood." He called back to the sister, who trailed far behind like a bird tiredly.

"I'm tired!" She called and Finney grunted, opening his mouth to say something. But Robin beat him to it. "Fine, go back to the car. Your brother and I will do it." He called, watching as she immediately turned on her heel and headed straight back to the car.

With the shut of a car door, Finney was pushed on the ground. He grunted as he hit the soft earth of moss, but his expression changed when he looked up and saw Robin's playful expression. He got up and chased after him. Robin bolted like a dog off a leash.

"¡sí, sí, intenta atraparme!" The umber colored boy screamed his way into the woods, running through the thorns and bushes, even with Finney falling far behind him. They eventually reached a mossy path and Finney knocked him to the ground.

Robin howled in laughter, Finney chuckled between heavy pants for air. "That was good. You are good." Robin cackled out. They screamed in pure laughs.

"Yeah... yeah." Finney smiled. Wiping the loose moss off of his pants. Offering a hand to Robin and letting them both stand now.

They both took to cleaning their shirts and pants off for the next minute, catching their breaths.

"Sticks! We're supposed to get sticks." He said, turning around in a circle like a dance to look around himself for sticks.

"OH!" Finney jumped right into collecting the sticks off of the ground nearby, the frenzy of collecting had grown as they'd suddenly been put right on track.

"She's getting better sleep than I've ever had in months." Robin pulled a stick that was stabbed into the ground. Throwing it to Finney who caught it up on his pile of sticks.

"She sleeps like she ran a marathon, all the time." Finney hoisted the sticks up and went to go back to the car. "Jealous much?" Robin trailed right beside him like a curious cat.

"Shuttupp..." Finney called, moving to throw his body up against robin playfully. Robin repeated, lighter. "Don't fight me. You might just drop the sticks."

Finney repeated his hitting, a wide, snarled grin on his face.

Robin ignored him. But smiled. He loaded the sticks up in the back of the trunk. Shooing finney to get into the car as it was warming up.

He went around the mossy patch of grass in the front. Stopping right in-front of the car door and sliding quietly into the back.

"He likes you." Arose a tired Gwen. Rubbing her eyes as she paraded a smile towards the skipping Robin that was headed towards the woods to collect remaining amounts of sticks.

"Shut up." Finney called back.

"Have you SEEN the way he looks at you? He likes yooooouuuuuuuuu...." She smiled. Her hands went up to pinch Finney's cheeks. Finney slapped them right away, his face was heated from the blush and the cold from the outside.

"I mean... I am... shut up!" He turned.

"What's she doing to ya, Finn?" Robin chuckled. Pouring the sticks in the trunk.

"Hand me my lighter... and my phone from the cupholders on your right." He added. Doing something as he organized them on the ground to make the fire, seemingly dancing around them in a silent beat to analyze them.

Finney leant back and rummaged through the many things in his side cup holder. Throwing them back to Gwen, who handed them to Robin.

"How was your sleep, kiddo?" Robin asked as he reorganized Gwen's messy mop of hair back into its place

"Kiddo? What?" Gwen laughed. Slapping away his intruding hand.

"Just a metaphor. Now be quiet kiddo." He shut the trunk and hopped upfront with Finney, swiftly putting his key in the ignition and placed a straw of wheat in his mouth like a cigarette.

"Give me a second to rest. We'll stay here for the night. Yeah? We'll head up to my uncles or something in the morning." He whispered. Finney nodded. "Sure." He laughed.

—-

Finney leaned up. "Where you going?"

"I'm goin' for a swim in the lake. There's a waterfall nearby."

"It's freezing!" Finney sat up. Watching as the other pulled the tank top from his body. Leaving him in simply grey ridden boxers.

"You chicken?" Robin smiled and leant over the other before pulling himself from the truck and towards the open water behind the truck.

Finney rolled his eyes and hopped up. Ridding himself gently of his own clothes before hiking it into the water right behind Robin.

"Damn!" Finney called playfully, the water was cold, as expected. It riled you up right to the bone, he settled in the water and shuddered at the touch.

Robin, far from the shore, swam up to him and embraced him. "Is it cold?" He laughed. Finney looked up. His eyes opened slightly, the embrace was warming and comfortable, but he laughed. "Yeah, yeah." Caught off guard, but not surprised when Robin kissed his forehead, apologized, but placed another when finney leant into the feathered kisses.

Finneys eyes were fully closed as the kisses traveled from simply on his forehead down to his lips.

They only knew each other for what, two days? But this was special. Something to try. They could take it.