2005 Toyota Corolla - 2003 Toyota Corolla

((Y'all should listen to the song linked to above. - it's basically a whole inspo for this lmao.

Structure written by AI. Filled in by me ))

Warnings
-

Mental Hospital talk

Depressive episodes/schizophrenic episodes

Descriptive Self harm

Finney and Robin have been in a loving relationship for a while, but Finney's mental health struggles have been a constant source of worry for Robin. Finney has been struggling with schizophrenic delusion episodes and suicidal thoughts, and Robin has been doing everything in his power to support and care for him. They'd run to just about every doctor in the city. And Finney was getting better. Though his trust in people was awful. He was passed on my doctors who claimed he was just another schizophrenic meant to live back on the streets or cooped up in a mental hospital. But Robin heavily disagreed.

One particular day in October, Finney had a particularly bad episode, he'd reported hearing things earlier in the day, small talk in his head which he'd told his lover to ignore.

It wasn't just small talk. It was something leading on bad and Robin finds him in the middle of attempting to hurt himself in the bathroom.

It was gross. It was almost like he was doing self surgery on his arm. He was never particularly self harming to feel pain, it was more towards what he felt like he needed to do.

Robin was very devastated with the failure of staying clean and immediately tries to intervene, using all the skills he's learned to calm Finney down and prevent him from hurting himself, which he'd learned from Finney himself when he's not experiencing such delusions and pain, and by therapists and forum recommendations. He talks to Finney softly and firmly, reminding him of the love they share and how much he means to him. He didn't dare touch him, place a hand on his shoulder or hug him until the coast was clear.

It was bloody and gross. But it wasn't enough to call the hospital for, he'd only caught him in the beginning.

Despite the difficult situation, Robin's love and support give Finney the strength to push through the episode head on. He slowly begins to open up to Robin, sharing his fears and feelings, and Robin listens with an open heart.

He explained Alberts face again. He recites it. What they saw and he went on to talk about his father.

He looked almost curled in on himself. Like he wanted to retreat or hide. Tuck into himself. He wasn't looking Robin in the eye and he wasn't making much sense. It was rambles. Like random notes about situations. Some political aspects thrown in there. But he mainly focused on the Grabber.

Robin listens in though. Placing a hand on his back as he knew that he now had the ability to.

Finney was getting cooky with staying inside now. Especially in the bathroom. He seemed to twitch at everything.

He was always shaken when indoors for too long. They both were.

Together, they come up with a plan to seek professional help and support to manage Finney's mental health.

They took a walk to plan it once Finney was good enough to go outside and do so with his lover. His speech became better overtime. But his reactions were delayed still. And he was now complaining about the pain in his arm.

The trip back home was through a jog and some laughter at some pushes and jokes. Finney was getting better. But Robins heart heaved that he'd probably have to go back to the hospital again.

Their relationship becomes a source of strength and healing for both of them, and they learn to face the challenges of Finney's mental health together. With love and support, they are able to build a beautiful and fulfilling life together.