12:06

Morning sun shinned in through the windows of the coffee shop even though the sun wasn't quite above the horizon yet. I could only tell this by the shadow I has started casting over my book. My watch had frozen again at 12:06. I need a new one soon. The clock read 5:24. 36 more minutes and I could go back to my dorm and pass out... or do the homework I haven't gotten to yet. I thought college was supposed to be the highlight of life, instead, it's looking more and more like a blur of caffeine and painkillers.

At 5:56 my coworker came in and let me out four minutes early. There is a god out there. I went back to my dorm; I didn't even bother changing before I laid down and passed the hell out. Until 1:30 when my alarm for class went off. I didn't get any of my work done. I rolled off my bed and smacked onto my hardwood floor. That hurt. I managed to pull myself up and strip off my clothes before taking a cold shower to help me wake up.

My outfit for the day consisted of my aviator jacket, black ripped jeans, my favorite skull ring, and black high-tops Bianca had gotten me before she passed. They had holes in the toes because I wore them so often. Unfortunately, the only clean shirt I had was the Hawaiian shirt Reyna got me as a joke gift.

I showed up to class and everyone sort of stared as I took my seat. Considering I only wear black the bright orange was quite a... statement for me. I tried to sink away into my jacket and just listen to the lesson once I took my seat. Jason ran in late; clearly out of breath. "Had to... glasses... between class... I need to sit." What a story. The guy just had a way with words. He sat next to me like he had been for the past week or so. Can he not just leave me alone?

He slid me a note which I just pushed back to him; I didn't feel like talking to him of all people. He placed it right in front of me, so I caved and looked. 'Have you talked to Hazel about it yet??' I just sighed and wrote 'NO' in thick sharpie and crumpled the paper into a ball and threw it at him. It bounced off his face which made him fumble to catch and open it. His face dropped and he flipped it to the back and passed it to me again.

'What about Percy?' I just shook my head a bit and he took it back. 'What's with the shirt? Lol' I just shoved the paper in my pocket and turned my attention back to the lesson. I saw him frown from the corner of my eye and look back to the front for a moment.

After that oh-so-peaceful minute, another paper landed in front of me. 'I just want you to know everyone would accept you' I snapped and tore it up before placing it in my pocket as well. It didn't matter if they would accept me or not. I just wasn't ready to tell anyone. He left me alone after that.

As the day crawled on, I got increasingly bored. When I was about to head to my dorm, I got a call from my sister. My mind nearly exploded with anxiety. Did Jason say something to her? She barely knows how to use a phone as it is. Well, neither of us really knows but still. I answered after taking a moment to chill out. "Hello?" I was practically deafened by a loud squeal.

"Frank! You were right!" I sighed and held the phone back up to my ear. Frank had just explained how a call works apparently. It didn't seem like Jason said anything to her thankfully.

"What's up, sis?" I heard her and Frank talking on the other end. Something about an upcoming event that I really couldn't care less about. "Hazel?"

"Right; do you want to come to the game tonight with me and all my friends? It starts at 6:00 so you'll have at least four hours before work. Please?" I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. I didn't want to be around Percy, Annabeth, Jason, or any of her friends really. Half of them view me as a freak.

"Sorry, I have a lot of homework to do. I didn't get any done during my shift last night. Maybe next time." I always say that to her. It's not like I could tell her the real reason after all. Though the homework thing was true. 

"That's what you always say. Please, Nico?" I could hear her pouting face through the phone. I couldn't say no again but I seriously needed to get this work done.

"Half an hour. Then I have to go." She squealed again and told me she'd stop by my dorm before the game, and we could all go together. We hung up and I went to my dorm. No way I would wear this shirt in front of Percy... not that I still like him, he's just... I've known him for years and he's one of my best friends. Plus he's only ever seen me in black clothes. No way that's changing today. Not to mention I couldn't give Rayna the satisfaction of knowing I wore it.

I threw my clothes in the wash and started on my homework while I waited. After 1 hour and 17 minutes, it was a small load ok? I don't have a lot of time, so I got my clothes and changed into a Good Charlotte shirt; they still make good music. I sat down to do some more work when there was a knock at the door. She was way too early. I answered the door and saw my sister and her enormous boyfriend. "Hey."

Hazel just waved at me. I nodded to Frank and got on my aviator jacket before grabbing my phone and keys. "Let's get going then." Frank and I walked on each side of Hazel while we went and got all their friends. They're all couples. Leo even brought this girl he likes who goes to a completely different school. I honestly thought she wasn't real. Well, there was Rayna who is also perpetually single. Though I wasn't all that close with her, nor have I known her for years like Percy and Annabeth. So I was essentially alone. 

We made it to the game and got a ton of food. Naturally, Percy got blue cotton candy, blue surgar-coated candy apple, and all the blue candy he could find, and everyone poked fun at him including his girlfriend. I sat on the end of the group next to Hazel since she's quite literally the only reason I was there in the first place.

Teams scored... touchdowns? I think that's the word. I had no idea what was happening but based on everyone's mood we were losing. The half-hour was up, and I went to leave. "Do you have to go already?" Hazel pouted a bit, but I just nodded.

Jason decided it was appropriate to chime in now. "Come on man, just stay until half-time." Percy and Annabeth both nodded in agreement.

"We hardly ever see you," Percy said and smiled at me. "We miss you, Nico." That would have made me sit down if he didn't have his arm wrapped around Annabeth.

"Can't sorry. Maybe next time." I waved goodbye to them and left. As soon as I left the stadium our team scored, and cheers erupted. It was like a bad luck charm had been removed. I did go back to my dorm and pound out some more homework before getting dressed for work.

I took the bus and headed inside with my book at 9:45. I took five minutes outside after setting my things down, and let my co-worker go 10 minutes early. I opened my book and started reading. My obsession with Mythomagic as a kid had grown into an obsession with mythology as a whole as I got older. Of course, it took a hard hit after what happened with Bianca, but Percy helped me get back into it.

After two hours and six minutes, though I didn't notice it at the time, I actually heard the bell above the door jingle. I looked up from my book and saw a tall, tan, guy with curly blond hair, blue eyes, and smile lines over his face. Why the hell would someone like him be in here at... 12:06? My watch must have frozen again, but the clock above the coffee machines said the same. I looked back at him and put my book on the floor. "What can I get for you?"

Hey, guys, gals, and non-binary pals! It's a new book!

This is from the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus franchise and none of the characters or their personalities are mine

I will be uploading weekly on Friday Saturday or Sunday (at least that's the goal)

So you can keep an eye out for those if you want

Let me know what you think!

Have a great day/night!