Slutty Silver Jewelry

"So, your friends are just gonna invite anyone they know and like?" I nodded and hung my head. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't supposed to be a small group of people.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. But the more the marrier? I don't know." He laughed and pulled me into a side hug.

"Well honestly Magnus has a lot of friends, there'll be plenty of people to balance it out. We just need to find somewhere to have it." I perked up and looked at him wide-eyed.

"This now huge party doesn't have a place to be held?"

Reyna would have torn into him for his lack of strategy. He would have to rent out a whole building at this point. But he told me he would handle it. However, he wouldn't tell me how he was going to handle it.

The holidays flew by with Hazel and our father. I had almost forgotten about the party... almost. "What if he gets me a present as sense it's you know, the holiday season." Hazel laid out a tan hoodie on my bed.

"Well, just bring him something. Something personal. Even if he has nothing for you it's still nice." She said it like it was so simple. Nothing was open on New Year's Eve and I had nothing for him. She got a white T-shirt and a matching tan skirt with black Converse. "How's this outfit?"

I waved her off and started looking through my own things. "You got me camo cargo pants right?" Hazel was obviously confused because she got them for me as a joke but hear me out. The back and grey camo pattern was pretty nice and Will is ALWAYS wearing cargo shorts, so he'll think it's cool. Or at least, he has no reason to not think so.

I found them and started looking for a shirt. "You going for something new?" I rolled my eyes and pulled out a plain black shirt.

"Do you think Percy will let me borrow some jewelry?"

"Why?"

I looked at her in a way that I knew radiated idiocy. "Because Annabeth buys all his jewelry, so it's all awesome looking; also he has the sluttiest hot silver jewelry." I saw her jaw drop. I did partially just want to shock her with my language, but it was still true. 

I got out a kitted white turtle neck along with bulky combat boots from Rachel. "What did you just say?"

"You heard me. I'm just gonna call him and see." Hazel was still dumbfounded in the corner which made the big brother in me grin. I called Percy and waited for an answer.

"Hey Nico what's up?"

"Hey Jackson, can I borrow some of your slutty silver jewelry?"

There was a pause on the other end before I heard a small laugh and him shruging. "Yeah, sure. You know where my dorm is just stop by."

"Alright see you minute." I hung up. My befuddled sister was shuffled out of my room with her clothes; no I'm still not sure why her clothes were there. I got dressed, slipped on my shoes, and went to Percy's dorm. Which was in another building entirely.

Annabeth answered the door in a baggy shirt and no visible pants. "Oh my- Percy! It's not an Amazon package!" She turned around and threw on a pair of Percy's basketball shorts, and I just walked in.

"Wow, Nico that was fast. But isn't the party not until like 9:30?" True I was getting ready about two hours before I needed to, but I didn't really care.

"Yeah, but your jewels please." He laughed and pointed to the dresser where all his jewelry was in a pile. I sifted through it and found several rings to go along with my skull ring, a thick chain necklace, and clip-on diamond earrings.

I got everything on along with a couple of bracelets, no I wasn't stingy with it. I turned around to the now fully dressed Annabeth and Percy. "How do I look?"

Annie barely looked at me before getting up, tying up the top half of my hair, and pulling out face-framing hair. "There. Now it's perfect." She smiled at me and showed me off to her boyfriend.

"Wow, Nico... are you sure I'm not your type?" Annie kicked him in the knee but he was just laughing. She then gave me a bottle of cologne to finish me off.

"You look awesome Nico di Angelo. Will's gonna love it." I smiled at her and put on the cologne. Things like this reminded me why I can't be mad at her. I put the bottle back and got a notification on my phone.

"Oh, speak of the devil." Will sent me the address and it looked familiar. "Oh my gods."

Percy looked over my shoulder and saw the address of a bowling alley pulled up. The same one Will took me to on our first date. "A bowling alley?"

I just shrugged. Seems like something he would do, he'd get to show off. "Well, I'm gonna head over there."

The city busses were still running so that wasn't a problem. I got there and could hear music pouring out of the building. It made me laugh, he couldn't do a thing without a soundtrack in the background.

The doors were locked so I knocked loudly to be heard over the music. Will turned around clearly disheveled. He wasn't dressed for a huge party nor was he expecting to see me. The look on his face made that clear enough.

He opened the doors for me while looking me over. "I didn't expect you to show up right after I told you where it would be."

I just smiled at him and walked in. "So what's with you and this bowling alley?"

"Well, I work here."

No way. "You took me to your job for a first date? No wonder you were so good at bowling."

He started laughing and held me around the waist. "We literally met at your job, Nico. Calm down." I laughed a little as well and hugged him around his chest.

I quickly pulled away after a moment. "Wait, you didn't get me a present or anything did you?" He paused before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a coin. It wasn't wrapped, it wasn't big, but it was beautiful.

One side had Will's sun tattoo and the other side had the helm of one of my favorite gods, Hades. It was gorgeous and detailed beyond compare. And I had nothing in return.

Well, I had one thing. I took off the only piece of jewelry I was wearing that was actually mine, and handed Will my skull ring. It felt like giving away my address and having to trust the person not to dox or harass me. But I trusted him.

He took the ring and smiled so brightly, I was nearly blind. He knew where I got the ring and how much it meant to me. If anything ever happened he would return it, I know that. All I could do was smile back a little a pocket the coin. "You need some help setting up?"

Hey guys gals and non-binary pals! How are you?

Ok full disclosure, Nico would rock silver! 

Seriously though, the more of this book I write the closer I get to its ending, and the sadder I get- it's okay though

Have a great day/night!