Mushroom

The thought of a Leo-Alex team-up didn't sit well with me. Leo was wild and unfocused enough on his own, but to befriend someone who seemed to be even more niche; that thought rattled my brain. Yet, I was the only one who seemed to pay it mind.

Alex got a notepad and wrote out what all the different numbers meant for Mushroom and Magnus helped her remember all of them. Once everything was on the page we started playing. It was simple, simple enough for everyone to enjoy. Annabeth quickly found a friend in Mallory while the redhead's boyfriend was getting along with Frank and Reyna. 

With how much mixing and mingling was going on I was glad to stick by Will and have him play with my fingers. My sister had come and sat next to us after coming back from a snack run. At least I had them both by me.

In the end, TJ lost and had to chug the Sprite. Leo and Alex had started chanting 'Chug!' and it caught on. Again, a pair up I deeply fear. TJ ended up burping midway through and almost vomiting.

Luckily he didn't. However, he was forced to take off his Civil War uniform because a Sprite waterfall had drenched it leaving him in jeans and a white t-shirt; aka much more normal looking.

17 minutes after that catastrophe Annabeth happily took over her cousin's TV and put on the Fresh Prince of Belair. "I've been making Percy watch it because he never has."

I turned to Pecry and had a face of mock disgust. "You've never seen The Fresh Prince?"

"Do you even know who Carlton is?" Piper asked him and hit him with her shoe. Percy tried to hide behind his girlfriend but she wasn't having it. Sam found it all humorous as she watched the show and snacked on dates, that she seemed to just have on her.

"I'm sure he's learning." Jason said and Alex rolled her eyes.

"He should already know." Leo nodded and high-fived her. I stopped listening when the intro played and several people sang along. Me included. Will was humming with it beside me and slipped his arm around my waist. I shifted closer to him on the floor so I was on top of him and we were basically cuddling in front of everyone.

It made me feel a bit uneasy, exposed. I didn't want to stand out but Alex was laying her head on Magnus' chest, Halfborn was braiding Mallory's hair as she sat on the floor and talked with Annie, and my sister was making Frank into a stuffed teddy bear. All of them were so comfortable and touchy.

It made me feel much more comfortable being close to Will around all these people. His friends and my friends; family. I just had to remember I had no reason for discomfort here.

Once the clock struck 1:46 AM all of my friends and I decided it was time to leave. Leo had fallen asleep on Jason, Frank had scooped up my sister like she weighed no more than a puppy, and her sleeping frame flooded against him. None of my other friends were sleeping but they seemed ready to pass out on their feet.

Magnus, Sam, TJ, and Alex were still awake to wish us all goodbye. Magnus and Annabeth exchanged phone numbers, and so did TJ and Frank. "Anyone got Leo's number?" Alex asked pulling out her phone.

Jason had Leo thrown over his shoulder in a fireman hold and grabbed his legs tighter. Piper was taking out her phone but Grace caused her to pause. "Why?"

"Because he seems like a cool guy. Relax blondie, I got my own." Alex laughed and handed her phone to Piper.

I looked at Will and he seemed to be asking me something, but I wasn't even sure what Alex meant. McLean was looking at Jason with slightly wide eyes once she gave Alex back her phone. We all started downstairs and back to our cars without Jason saying anything.

"You want me to drive you back?" I looked over at Will and nodded.

"Sure. You going to see your mom?" He nodded and pulled me off to his truck leaving my friends to deal with their sleeping, driving situation.

I got in the passenger side and held his hand as he connected his phone and started playing music. He had fairly current music taste. Not the best, but not bad. As he drove I rolled down my window and let my hand slice through the night air.

"Hey, I was wondering," I pulled my hand back in and looked over at him as I talked. "Sense Sam doesn't live there either how do you all know her?"

His hair was being blown around from my open window yet it still fell perfectly around his stupid face. "Oh, well she's Alex's sister but met Magnus first. She lives with her husband. Though I've never been able to figure out if she and Alex share the same mom or the same dad. She's really cool though. They all are honestly considering they just sort of... accepted me I guess?" He laughed at his own comment.

I nodded and steeled myself for the real question I wanted to ask. "So since that went well, and everyone got along does that spell out success for... us?"

That felt so cringy to say but, we arranged all this for a reason. As sweet as lost cousins are, that wasn't the reason it was arranged, just a great unknown side effect. I saw him smile and he squeezed my hand slightly. "I didn't need that to know we'd be successful."

I felt myself melt as I did when reading old mythological love stories. He somehow had a perfect response that sounded like a line but I didn't even care. If it was just a line it was a dam good one; hell, he could feed me a hundred more lines like that and I'd probably just fall in love.

 He continued to drive all the way to the dorms leaving me to ferment in that declaration. Once we were there I opened the door and almost jumped out before Will grabbed my hand again and pulled me back in. I looked back at him like he was crazy.

"Sorry, I just... I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded and my mind raced wondering why he'd pulled me back. Then he kissed the back of my hand like he was a prince or something.

"Ok, I'm gonna get out of the car now." He laughed and dropped my hand looking embarrassed. I smiled a little and got back on my home ground.

Hey guys, gals, and non-binary pals!

They're not drinking, and you shouldn't either if you're not of age

But like, an Alex Leo pair-up is the stuff of glorious nightmares

Have a great day/night!