Onsie

For all those not in college, let me explain something. Ending a semester is nearly identical to ending a year. You will not be having that class next semester and you will not be able to raise your grade after the fact, not to mention the copious amounts of money you're spending to take these classes.

Winter break marks the end of the semester, so December marks the beginning of the end. Finals, late work, hard deadlines, simply enough stress to make any college student break. Only to head back and do it all over again a few weeks later.

I hope that is a stressful enough image for you to understand why my significant annoyance was actually starting to get on my nerves. Maybe he has time management skills or schedule flexibility, but I don't. Not to mention, study groups with my friends? Far less helpful than we had hoped. So a week away from winter break, is putting me on the edge. "Nico, making yourself sick with worry isn't going to help anything."

I looked up at Will from behind the serving counter. "It's better than being so unbothered I let deadlines fly on by me." He shook his head at me. Sure he was stressed too, but everyone was acting like I was losing sleep over this, but I didn't have sleep to lose in the first place.

"Nico, can you please just-"

"NO! After this week Will I'll do whatever the hell you want but right now this shit needs to be done so just knock it the hell off." I snapped, but I couldn't even bring myself to feel bad or realize what I'd said. I just went back to writing my paper.

The week went by at a sloth's pace but when it was over and I'd registered to put myself through it next semester, I allowed myself to breathe. To sleep, to eat, to bathe, to live for a few weeks. I just didn't realize how those weeks would be lived.

"So what do you wanna do?" Will looked at me with his head tilted, he's quite literally a golden retriever. "I said I'd do whatever you wanted when finals were over so what do you want?"

A smile pulled at his lips. "I want you to go to a New Year's Eve party with me." My jaw went slack. A party? With strangers and crowds? Just the thought made me sick. "Come on, mister lord of darkness can't be scared of a little party right? Just people we know."

I chewed on the inside of my lip before sighing and giving in to his ridiculous request. "Fine, I'll go with you." His face lit up and he wrapped his arms around me. I was only going because it was so obvious that it was important to him. I had no intention of having a good time.

"I'm sorry a what now?"

"Uhhgg. Jason, I already agreed to go with him, it'll just be people we know. Now are you and your little boyfriend coming or not?" Percy was sitting by my window on his phone texting the girls about the party. He was on board but Jason was having a fit.

"Leo isn't-"

My door is gonna come off its hinges with the way Leo and Percy enter my room. Frank was right behind Leo and waved to us. "Dudes look at my new outfit. I could live in this thing!" Leo was wearing a Charmander onesie.

"Nice onesie, does it come in men's?" Jason didn't know how to insult people, he's simply too nice. Not to mention he thinks if you're mean to someone you can't like them unless they're family.

"Oh, I think you come in men enough for all of us." Leo's response pulled Percy away from his phone, had Frank's eyes wider than plates, and left me rolling after a moment of stunned silence. Jason had turned bright pink from embarrassment but I couldn't even be bothered to care. It was too funny, comedic gold. I was on the verge of tears and my stomach hurt.

"Oh my lord, Leo." Jason tried to scold him but it just rolled off his back.

"Don't insult my boy Charmander."

"Actually Pokemon can be any gender and although you're much more likely to find a male Charmander you could still run into a female one." Poor Frank trying to defuse the situation is adorable, relatable, and pointless.

Leo blinked at him a couple of times."Ok. Don't insult my they/them Charmander!"

"I think this is the best thing I've ever been witness to." Percy finally spoke up and put his phone down. I collected myself and got back on my bed.

"So I hear there's a New Year's Eve party? And were all on the guest list so it must be raggedy and a great time." Leo said with a smile and sat on my desk.

"Well, you hear right, let's just get a list of who's all going first." I took out my phone and started typing out names.

"Oh oh, we should ask the Stoll brothers to come. They're so much fun and reckless." Leo threw out the name like it should mean something to me. Unfortunately, it did. Having either of them in a class spelled out a tricky semester when the teacher's USB drive gets Stoll-en.

"It's supposed to be people we know."

"...I know them." He said simply. I waved him away with a 'whatever'.

"You know who should come? Carter and Sadie Kane, they're cool from what I remember." Now those names really meant nothing to me.

"I'm sorry who?" Percy grabbed his phone again and started scrolling through it. He showed me a photo of a dark guy with short hair standing next to him with a falcon on his arm. "This tells me nothing other than he's definitely not bringing that bird."

"Oh no, the falcon was wild not his. He and Sadie are siblings and Annabeth met Sadie, she said she's... interesting. But I know Carter is super cool, a little bit of a hot head... and he punched me when we first met but that's beside the point." I was gonna become a far worse 'hothead' really quickly if they kept trying to add people.

"Fine. Anyone else?"

"Oh, what about Clarisse-" I threw my phone to the side of my bed out of frustration.

"Invite whoever the hell you want at this point, I don't even care anymore." So much for a little party.

Hey guys gals and non-binary pals. I'M SO UPSET THAT I CAN'T PUT A TIKTOK VIDEO IN THE IMAGE/VIDEO SPOT! 

I have had that video saved for like 2 months because I wanted to use it here! That is the creator I got the idea from they are so cool, he makes awesome videos so please go follow her if you have TikTok.

Wattpad regulations are bullshit. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter all the same

Have a great day/night!