You Can Do This Anywhere

"Please?"

"Hazel, for the last time, no." Confused? So am I. Our friends had come up with an idea that, naturally, they deemed brilliant so, it had to happen. They were correct in assuming that Hazel would have the best chance of getting me to agree, but that didn't mean her chances were good. But she simply wouldn't let it go now.

"So... if I ask again you'll say yes?" I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my coffee. She laughed and hit my shoulder gently. "Come on. It would be so much fun, and just for one night. It's not like you're busy anyway."

I flopped down on my bed and she sat on top of my desk... like a heathen. "Look, it doesn't matter if we're busy or not, it's my job. I can't just goof off all night." She put on her best puppy dog eyes and begging hands.

I just shook my head at her. "That's not gonna work on me you know." She rolled off the desk, landed hard on the floor, and groaned as she spat hair out of her mouth.

"I just want to spend time with my brother." I laughed at her poor attempt to guilt me. I propped myself up on my elbows while throwing my paper coffee cup at her. I had no intention of hurting her but, it did splash all over leaving her in a mucky brown-purple shirt and stained light blue jeans. "You-" She jumped up and started beating me with a pillow while I laughed at her. It didn't hurt but it didn't stop her from trying to bruise my pride. She shouted at me for ruining her outfit, but my face and stomach just hurt from laughing too much.

"At least it wasn't sugary and sticky!" Unfortunately, my objectively true point did not earn me any mercy from the tiny tyrant. When she was done beating on me, I sat up and started to clean up the mess. "I'll help you get out the stains don't worry." She just huffed and went to my closet.

She grabbed out a shirt of mine and dropped it in what was left of the coffee puddle. "There." I just blinked at it a few times before I looked her in the eyes.

"Run." And she did. In fact, she ran out of my room giggling like a five-year-old and I bolted after her. Somehow she managed to get outside and find Leo and Jason hanging out on a park bench. She instantly dove behind Leo for defense.

Both of them were confused but Leo didn't waste his time trying to get Hazel out from behind him. "Take him, Nico! It was the elve's fault, not mine!" Hazel yelled at me through giggles.

Leo gasped in mock offense. "How dare you. I am a Latino elf okay? Know the difference." Jason just shook his head and lifted his glasses to rub the bridge of his nose with a small smile.

"What's going on with you two?" I told him how Hazel was being an annoying little sister and I ended up chasing her out of my dorm. He just laughed at us. "Sisters are crazy man. I remember one time Thalia gave me a huge box for my birthday, but that box had a box in it and so did that box, and so on. My actual gift ended up being a stapler."

Leo tried to hide it, but he clearly found the story funny. "Dude, I love your sister."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You love any woman who will acknowledge your existence not to mention talk to you, Valdez." He snapped and did finger guns for some reason, but nodded with a smile.

"True, but I'm like 90% sure she's dating Reyna." Jason looked confused and shook his head a bit.

I crossed my arms and looked over at him. "What? Does the idea of your sister dating Reyna bother you?" Everyone was silent now... at least before Jason started snickering and doubling over.

"The idea of my sister dating anyone bothers me, Nico. She doesn't like people, like at all... and I should stop talking before she appears and hits me." He adjusted his glasses again and shrugged with a smile.