Significant Annoyance

They ignored my smart-ass comment and started asking questions again, which I answered. Except for one, very important one, what day would it be? So we started talking about what days would work for us that way I could bring it to Will like some sort of junior high presentation.

But you don't care about that. You care about what happened when his friends met mine. Well, I rode to the apartment with Percy, Annabeth, and Jason. Reyna said she'd be right behind us but I didn't see her red pickup anywhere. Regardless we pulled up to the building which was so tall it looked like it belonged in a Dr. Suse book.

Jason carried up a couple of cases of soda while Percy and I had all the chips. We had decided we'd bring all our food so at least that would be on time.

We knocked on the door and Will answered in a t-shirt and cargo shorts. "It's my boyfriend and his friends!" He shouted off to the left of the apartment. I could feel Jason's eyes drilling holes in the back of my head the moment Will said 'boyfriend'.

"Could you not-"

"Sorry, would you prefer special guy? Significant other?"  I was speaking to Jason but Will must not have realized that.

"More like significant annoyance in your case." I grumbled and shoved the chips I was holding into his arms so he wouldn't look at my face.

He just laughed and let us inside. "Where's the rest of you?"

"They'll be here soon." Annabeth told him. Jason asked where the kitchen was and went to put all the drinks away with the other two on his tail.

"So where's your friends?"

"Oh well, Sam is with Alex while she steals Magnus' clothes, I don't think TJ is here yet, Magnus is in the kitchen, and I'm not sure where Halfborn and Mallory went."

"Oh, so Alex and Magnus are together? Or is she stealing clothes out of spite?" He paused and shrugged.

"It's complicated and could go either way really. Let's take these to the kitchen." Now this apartment was a wholly closed concept. Like, every room had its own door. So when we walked through the door to the kitchen I saw Annabeth hugging some guy who I assume was Magnus.

He had shoulder-length blond hair and grey eyes that shone like Annie's. Percy and Jason seemed lost but more so shocked than anything. "Um, am I missing something?" The pair pulled away and it was more obvious how they looked alike. I could've mistaken them for siblings.

"Right, um, this is my cousin, Magnus, I honestly thought he was dead." The dude waved at me with a smile like your family thinking you were dead was a totally normal thing.

I understood the shock on Percy and Jason's faces now. Then two more people poured in. One in all green and pink and the other with a green hijab. That was all I was able to see because they sped past me and up to Magnus. The kitchen was starting to feel rather small now.

"Bean Town, what's going on?" The woman in contrasting colors could give anyone a run for their money with how hard she was staring at Annabeth.

"This is my cousin. How cool is that? I haven't seen her since we were stupid young and now she's in my apartment." The girl visibly relaxed and laughed a bit confused.

"That's amazing Magnus, it's nice to meet you, I'm Samirah or just Sam." The other girl spoke with a smile as she extended her hand to Annabeth. Must be Alex and Sam.

There was a knock on the door and I went to answer it. After all, it was likely to be more of our friends and this kitchen was just too crowded to even breathe in. I opened it to find my sister, her boyfriend, and some other guy who was in a civil war get up who I assumed was TJ. "Perfect timing. Seems we're having a family reunion."

The three were visibly lost and I just gestured to the kitchen. They headed that way but I headed down the hall to check out the apartment. I opened a random door hoping it was the bathroom only to find two people with each other's tongues down their throats. 

One was big enough to be a giant and I'm fairly certain he wasn't wearing a shirt, and the other just had a huge head of copper curls. But that was all I saw before I slammed the door closed. "You good man?" Alex asked me. The kitchen must have emptied out because I heard voices in the main area now.

"Your friends have too much audacity." I told her and pointed at the door I had opened. She didn't even open it before guiding me away and back to the others.

I must say, this was not the whole first impression I was hoping for. I mean reuniting families is always a bonus but I hadn't done much at all. I flopped down next to Will and he wrapped his arm around me with a smile. Hazel and Frank were still talking to the man in a costume and shockingly, they were talking about the civil war.

After 23 minutes there was another knock at the door and the pair I had seen in the room had joined us at some point. Halfborn, who remained shirtless, answered the door and let in the rest of our friends who looked like they'd gone through a petting zoo and carwash at once.

"What happened to you?" Mallory asked them as her boyfriend sat back down with her.

"Listen, off-brand Rachel, things went a little crazy on the way here and if you say another word to me, you will lose that pretty head of hair." Leo told her and he pulled a feather out of his hair before sitting on the floor in front of Jason.

Piper seemed like she wanted to say something but she just sighed and looked around before waving and sitting on the edge of the couch near Sam. Renya joined the conversation my sister was a part of leaving a confused and upset-looking redhead.

"What do you think happened?" Will asked me after a minute. I just shrugged and took a drink of my soda.

"Not a clue. But I'm glad I wasn't there." Jason was picking the feathers out of Leo's hair as the ladder muttered in Spanish to himself. It was an odd sight, to say the least.

"We should play a game." Sam suggested and pulled a deck of cards out of her pocket.

"Oh yes, does everyone know the game Mushroom?" Alex asked everyone with a smile. Most everyone seemed confused. "Really?"

Magnus placed his hand on her shoulder. "You can't get offended when people don't know your drinking games."

Alex rolled her eyes now. "Yes, I can Maggie. Anyway-" Annabeth decided to cut Alex off.

"Wait, drinking game?"

"Squares, and my sister, don't have to actually drink. As I was saying, Mushroom is a really simple game where you spread a deck of cards around a full can. Every card has a different meaning that I'll just write down so everyone knows. Once you pick up a card and complete it, you stick it under the can's tab, and when the can's seal is broken the game is over. And whoever broke it has to jug the drink."

"Can we make the drink a Sprite?" Leo asked suddenly perking up. Alex smiled and nodded.

"We're gonna get along well."

Hello guys gals and non-binary pals! What's up?

I Googled the 'significant annoyance' scene to make sure I got it word for word 

And I was laughing the whole time I did it

Have a great day/night!