The Heirs of the Dragon (2)

I stared up at the tree limbs stretching out into the sky, sunlight peeking through the leaves. My head rested in Alicent's lap, a book in her hands and a flower in mine.

A: "Did you read it?"

"Of course I read it."

A: "When Princes Nymeria arrived in Dorne, who did she take to husband?"

"A man."

A: "What was his name?"

"Lord Something." I continued to twirl around the single flower in my hand, staring at only it.

A: "If you answer with 'Lord Something', Septa Marlow will be furious."

"She's funny when she's furious."

A: "You're always like this when you're worried."

I finally looked up, "Like what?"

A: "Disagreeable."

I gave her a look, to which she smiled.

A: "You're worried your father is about to overshadow you with a son."

I returned my attention back to my flower, "I only worry for my mother. I hope for my father that he gets a son. As long as I can recall, it's all he's wanted."

A: "You want him to have a son?"

"I want to fly with you on dragonback, see the great wonders across the Narrow Sea, and eat only cake."

A: "I'm being serious."

"I never jest about cake."

She now looked slightly annoyed, "You aren't worried about your position?"

"I like this position. It's quite comfortable."

She slammed the book closed and began walking away.

"Where are you going?"

A: "Home. The hour has grown late."

I sighed as I stood. I began walking towards her, "Princess Nymeria led her Rhoynar across the Narrow Sea on 10,000 ships to flee their Valyrian pursuers. She took Lord Mors Martell of Dorne to husband and burned her own fleet off Sunspear to show her people that they were finished running." I stepped forward and ripped a page out, handing it to Alicent.

Shock ran across her face, "What are you doing?"

"So you remember." now I started to walk away.

A: "If-if the Septa sees this book, then-"

"Fuck the Septa."

A: "Kymbaerya!" she laughed as she walked alongside me.

---

After visiting with Mother, I scurried off to the tournament. Father was already announcing to his cheering subjects,

"Be welcome! I know many of you have traveled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news..."

I did my best to find my seat without interruption or attention, Father's pause proved I didn't do as well as I'd hoped.

F: "that I am happy to share: Queen Aemma has begun her labors! May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!"

A pair of knights started at each other, their sticks splintering against their shields and their horses breathing madly. The crowd went wild as a knight was sent crashing to the ground, the victor riding to our wing and only bowed before riding off.