Oh How You Brighten up the Night Sky

Natasha had been in a particularly sad mood ever since Clint retired, and you'd taken notice right away when she'd stopped being herself. Witty remarks were replaced by uneasy silence, no amount of goading by Tony even worked to get her to speak, and the silly lopsided smirk she'd wear when they did something stupid that you'd grown to love all but disappeared.

Another thing you noticed was her absence, she had been steadily ignoring you, and it was breaking your heart because you thought all those nights under the stars together meant something, but it had started to feel more like you were just a fleeting moment for her, and you even rationalized that out to be okay, but her being sad would never sit well with you.

Her happiness would have to wait for now though since she was avoiding you, and you were absolutely starved after the intense hours spent training with the group of super soldiers. As you approached the kitchen though your heart stuttered in your chest at the sound of that familiar laughter of the aforementioned woman of your heart. You were torn between entering to see what had lifted her spirits, or hiding in the shadows as to not lower them.

Curiosity won out though so you nonchalantly entered the kitchen, and when you locked eyes with the redhead you were surprised to see her wide smile didn't fade out, but it had actually become softer. Natasha's heart was beaming when you'd returned the smile so easily, she'd thought she ruined any chance with you after this month, but your eyes that shone with love gave her reassurance she'd been desperate for.

The retired archer to the right of Nat was fighting an eye roll as the two of you near to oblivious idiots just stood there gazing into each other's eyes, both of you clearly looking for answers that neither would get without words, but fortunately for the impatient man he could see your lips twitch, and he smirked towards the ground as you finally spoke.

Natasha's smile soon faded into a look of surprise when you boldly broke the silence., "Oh Natty, your smile is so beautiful! I would love to see it more often.," the words left you before you'd registered what you were even saying, and suddenly you wondered if you were stranded in the middle of the desert with how hot the kitchen had become., "Oh goody, there's the apple I was looking for.," you stammered out as you took in their differing expressions before you made a quick escape from the inferno that was the shared space.

Clint could see the gears turning in his best friends head, but she stood still, as if she had no clue what to do, and deep down he knew that in many ways the poor girl sorta didn't. When he would stay here she felt safe enough to explore the bounds of love with you, but when her safety net in human form left the old, scared of love Natalia came back to take over. That's why he's here now, your text from last night had left him a bit concerned, and now he sees it was with great need that he'd returned.

"Natasha—come on now, this is the part where you follow her.," Clint says as he nudges the redhead back to reality, she looks to him with hesitant eyes, but the soft smile he offers her settles the residual nerves festering from deep within., "Go on now, go and get your girl."

Natasha nods with a nervous smile then sprints off out of the room, bypassing yours as she knows just where you'd have gone in your state of embarrassment, and she smiles as the doors of the lift open, successfully finding you lying on the roof., "Go away.," you grumbled, you couldn't see her with an arm over your head but you knew by the soft pattering of her feet that it was her., "Leave me here to die.,"

She couldn't stop the laugh that escaped her throat at the adorable sight of you, honestly she was grateful too as you'd lifted your head up to glare at her, but being the softy that you were it was sadly not intimidating., "Oh detka.," she hums out the familiar pet name, and though your entire body warms at the affection you somehow maintain your pouting stance.

Natasha drops to her knees after taking the short walk across the roof to get to you, then as you remain avoidant she shuffles about until she's straddling your waist, and she smirks down at you when your breath softly catches., "But my sweet girl, if I were to leave you here to die, then how will I ever get to kiss you?," you nearly choke as you stare into her green orbs that shone with confidence, and then there was that smirk of hers you missed so much that now serves to piss you off while simultaneously turning your brain to mush.

In an unexpected twist of fate you flipped your positions, catching the shocked gasp that left the redheads lips as you softly smashed yours to hers, and Natasha sighed in contentment as the bliss of finally feeling you washed over her. It was better than she'd imagined it ever would be, akin to a fantasy, but moments like these couldn't be dreamed, they were only meant to be lived. Strong hands were holding you in place, one laid atop your lower back while the other was tangling into your hair to prevent you from leaving, but it was a bit unnecessary since you'd made no attempt to pull away.

Soft lips continued to meet the rough exterior of your own, she'd always envisioned your lips would be pillow soft, but she also knew better. You've always been an overthinking, nervous individual—she'd always sorta wondered why you would chose such a dangerous profession. Her heart stuttered in her chest when the realization dawned on her that you'd picked that nervous lip biting tick back up, and she was worried her absence might've caused it.

The thought alone made her kiss you even harder as if the pressure would smooth out the marks, her tongue softly traced over the ridges and so you parted your lips to grant her the access she wasn't asking for, but she surely wasn't going to complain. A deep moan left her throat as she finally got a taste of you, the faint bitterness that lingered on your tongue told her you definitely finished that granny smith, and she reveled in the rest of you as her tongue swirled around yours.

She found the more you gave her the less she felt inclined to relinquish her hold on you, but the way you were panting into her mouth she knew she'd have to. So, when you finally pulled away from her a gasping mess she took the moment to observe how incredibly hot you were while hovering above her., "Okay, but actually you can leave me here to die happily.," she chuckled wildly at your dopey statement.

Natasha couldn't help but to smirk once again when she saw your usual shy smile., "What?," she shook her head endearingly when you whined like you always had whenever you caught her staring at you instead of the stars, "You're genuinely the cutest damn thing Y/N.," her hands softly cupped your cheeks to keep you from shying away, and she could feel the warmth blossoming beneath your skin.

The soft sight of you was truly unmatchable to the widow, and she's been to space mind you. It was the way that your head sat perfectly before the full moon, and how it left you surrounded by this bright glow that to her represents all that you are inside, and it only aided in capturing your beauty in all its glory., "So beautiful detka, and I don't know how you do it but you shine brighter than every star in the night sky.," her voice wavers as she feels overwhelmed with all the love she has for you.

As anxious as Natasha was, she could see you were even more so as your bottom lip was now caught between your teeth. A calloused thumb brushes over your cheek in route to your lips., "I'd hoped that even in my silence you'd have known just how special you were to me.," she sighs while gently running her thumb over your free'd lip., "Sadly, I think my sweet girl let her brain run wild again; it's okay, I'll just have to spend the rest of my days reminding her."

You found it incredibly hard not to weep, this is all you'd ever wanted, but it felt too good to be trusted. Much like a dream, but the cold wind, and the feel of her against you reminded you that this was happening in real time. That Natasha was actually looking at you like that, as if you were the only thing she'd ever seen, and truth be told you were all she wanted.

"I—.," Natasha slipped her thumb between your lips to shush the unnecessary apology that she knew was coming., "None of that detka.," her thumb left your mouth just as fast, hands falling to grip you by the collar of your shirt, and you squealed as she pulled you down, shifting both of you so that her lips were once again hovering yours., "Thought you knew that the moon couldn't survive without her sun.," she beamed when your eyes glazed over with obvious joy and lips quirked., "I love you Nat.," her lips were on yours in no time, and you knew that was her silent reciprocation; so you melted right into her loving caresses.

————————

1,638 Words

A Tumblr Sunshine/Grumpy request

🌝 Kaitlyn ☀️