Shall We Play a Game?

"I'm so excited...," you squeal out loudly while clapping your hands together as you're entering the massive carnival., "Thank you for coming even though you're not the biggest fan of it.," you genuinely add while turning to your girlfriend with a small smile before you're pulling her through the crowd of people on your way to play one of those silly carnival games. Natasha remained quiet as she was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer size of the crowd, the potential for her enemies being amongst the many at the forefront of her mind. Still, in silent acknowledgment she'd placed a gentle kiss to your shoulder as you geared up to throw the darts at a board of balloons in the hopes of apparently winning a stuffed duck.

She watched you throw the first set of darts, one after the other, and your form was truly impeccable. So, when you only hit half of your targets each time she realized some of the darts were likely weighted; you were destined to lose. Natasha found your initial eagerness adorable, her eyes however widened after you handed the bored looking man your fifth $10 bill—the duck couldn't be worth more than your initial bill., "Detka, maybe you should take a break, we can go get some food.," she suggested, and you pouted at your lover before resigning with her idea since you were feeling a bit famished now that she'd mentioned it.

This time Natasha was the one to pull you through the crowds and in the direction of the food. She wouldn't admit it to you but the main reason she agreed to come with you was for the food she'd seen advertised. Not that she'd have actually said no to you—she never could, and more importantly she never would let you wander about a crowd of this size without her, or at least someone she trusted like Yelena.

"Natty, Lena wanted us to get her some "Reindeer Sausage," said she wants to make Kate try it.," Nat chuckled at her sister's antics., "That's going to be really tough for the archer.," she jokes and you groan at her silly pun, but your heart flutters at the sight of her finally smiling.

Had you actually paid much attention you'd have seen the flashing lights that attracted your lovers gaze, and caused her giddiness., "Detka, come quick!," she shrieked, and without even a chance to follow she yanked you to a vendor with a colorful array of deep fried food, but their sign reading: Home of the Deep Fried PB & J, told you why you were stood here., "Natty? Really? I'm going to get something of sustenance, and hopefully I will find Lena's mystery deer meat."

Natasha hadn't heard you clearly when she nodded, she was too focused on the line she was stood in shortening to notice you'd left. However, as soon as she bit into the delicacy, moaning as she did she had went to force you to try it but to her shock you were nowhere to be found. Panic held her tight in its grasp, she clutched the treat close to her chest while working her way through the crowd, and if not for the sound of your soft giggling she's sure she would've gone into Black Widow mode.

Natasha turned to see you interacting with a man that had an exotic animal on his arm. Her jaw immediately clenched, as you missed his predatory gaze that befell your chest since you were so enamored with the tiny monkey. She was livid and so she made quick work of the distance, startling you as she threw her arm over your shoulder and pulled your body in., "Detka, there you are!," her tone caught you off guard too, it wasn't soft—no, she was on edge.

The way she—the world renowned, terrifying Black Widow—had stared daggers into the man with the cute little monkey had him scurrying off incredibly fast., "Natty, what was that?," she ignored you as the order you placed came out, she thanked the woman then with a hand on your back she guided you to a secluded area where you both sat and ate in tense silence. Your plate of loaded nacho fries that you were once excited for now sat there with nary a dent. Natasha cringed as she watched you barely touching your food and she felt guilty for ruining the date, especially since you had to beg her to come here in the first place.