V

Curling into the itchy sheets, you resisted the feeling of awareness, desperate to go back to a dream you had already forgotten. The air was stuffy and it clogged your nose, forcing you to get up from the irritation.

Rubbing the sleep from your eyes you noticed Ariel still lying on the loveseat bathed in the soft light of the morning. Gold reflected off his snowy hair and the shining fabric of his outfit. He looked angelic, pun intended, and you almost stood there for longer to admire his beauty, but you felt the grossness of your morning breath laying heavily on your tongue and decided to get ready instead.

Luckily for you, the inn provided basic toiletries so you had no issue brushing your teeth and combing out your horrendously tangled locks. You scrubbed your face with a hand full of suds from the bar soap, getting in the creases of your eyes and close to your ears.

You finished up the rest of your routine and changed into those black shorts and the third, and last, white button up you received. Pulling on your boots you figured Ariel had had enough beauty sleep and you clunker your way over to his black faux bed.

Not wanting to be terribly rude, you were actually in quite a good mood despite having to wake up so early (a first), and simply shook his shoulder to rouse him. However it seemed your angel was a heavy sleeper because Ariel didn't even budge.

Frowning you started to shake him until his eyes fluttered open and his own frown marred his face. “Okay, alright!” He growled.

You released his shoulders, smiling at him. “You better get the hell up. You’re the one that said I had to pick up a bow first thing tomorrow.”

“Oh is it morning?” Ariel ruffled his hair and looked out the window behind him, squinting at the growing light.

Your smile became even more fixed. “Yes.”

He stretched languidly before getting up and making his way straight towards the door. “Alright, let's go.”

Your excitement couldn’t be contained as you chased after him, locking your door behind you and following him down to the center of the city. The sun was shining just as it had the day before, only furthering your good mood.

Even though you bashed bow users, archery had always been something you found rather interesting and it would be cool to learn and then someday (hopefully) master with the help of your handy angel companion. Though you thought it looked rather simple whenever a competition appeared on t.v, you knew it required excellent accuracy and precision, balance, coordination and more. That made you somewhat worried, since you had never picked up a bow before and had no idea what you were doing, but you were learning.

Making your way towards the training area where that one girl was always training to be a knight (what was her name? You could never remember.), a skip in your step made it so you were just ahead of Ariel, who was walking calmly beside you with a small smile.

Finally getting there, you spotted some target equipment and spare bows. You went over to them and grabbed the targets, moving to set them up at respectable distances around the square before taking a worn wooden bow that has definitely seen better days.

“You’re going to use that unsightly thing?” You turned to Ariel and saw his eyebrow raised in question with a face of slight disgust. “It looks like it’s going to break in half! I can’t teach you with something so flimsy!”

You chuckled but only turned the bow in your hands. “I wouldn’t want to ruin a nice bow when I’m such an ammatuer. How bout I just use this one until you deem me well enough to use a better one, then with the mora I’ve collected by that time, I can get a custom bow?”