XLIII

Placing a slice of the flan in front of the excitable fairy had your lips twitching. "Get your head up off the table Aether."

Said traveler groaned, turning his head to his other cheek to soak up the coolness of the table. He sniffled and squeezed his eyes shut in what you could only assume was a reaction to his pounding headache.

"If you keep laying down, the sick won't drain from your body." You go behind the boy and gently lift him into proper posture by his shoulders. "Sit straight and it'll be gone in no time."

You busied yourself with finishing the hot tea you were making for Aether, squeezing some lemon in it before placing the cup in front of him. "Drink that."

"Why don't you just get him medicine?" Ariel drawls from his own spot at the table. He picked at the flan in front of him and ate it slowly, as if he were savoring it.

"It's just a stress cold Ariel, he'll be okay. Besides, I don't know how much the cathedrals will ask for cold medication." You saw Aether take the last sip of the tea you made him before flopping back down to the table. "Aether, what did I just say?"

You walk back over to the boy and pull him back up. You frown when you see his red face and put the back of your hand to his forehead. You sigh when you feel the unnatural heat against your skin. "You have a fever."

You pull away. "I guess I will head out to the cathedral. I'll get you some medicine to help you feel better. Okay?" You let Aether lay back down on the table, his face nestled in his arms. He nods his head. You rub your eyes and walk over to the window. Its hinges squeak as it opens. "Ariel, make him some more tea, would you? I don't want him to get a cough either."

"What's this about a cold?" You hear a cheerful voice chirp from.

You jerked in shock and turned around to see Venti lazing over the sill of the open window, a soft breeze ruffling his hair. "Venti! Don't do that!"

The bard only let out an amused giggle, a sound like little bells that made heat rise to your cheeks, but you only narrowed your eyes. "Aether's gotten sick after last night, so I was resigned to going down to the cathedral to ask the healers for some medication."

"Resigned? My cathedral is beautiful. It should be a pleasure to go there!" Venti's bottom lip stuck out in a pout.

"And any other time I'm sure it would be, but Liyue has already subjected me to medical related financial fear, and I don't have anyone to bail me out right now. I'm not the richest person in the world you know, and I'm not sure how much something as simple as cold medication would cost! God! I wish I had Tylenol."

I rub my hand across my forehead and sigh, annoyed. "You wanna come with me?" I ask blandly.

"Of course! I'd never turn up an offer, from one who is trying to help a poor cougher." Venti's little grin widened as your eye twitched.

"Coughing is the only thing he's not doing." I go over to Aether, giving him a peck on the back of the head. "I'm heading out to get your medicine. Paimon, do not eat the rest of that flan, I want some too and I haven't had any yet, Ariel-"

"Make some more lemon tea, I know." Ariel smiled gently at your somewhat flustered form. You felt yourself relax from his ease and a smile was on your lips before you knew it.

"Thanks, I can always count on you." You give Ariel a quick hug and are out of the door with a quick 'Love you all, be back soon'.

The cooling air hit you swiftly as you stepped out of the apartment, Venti fluttering by your side as you both began your walk to the cathedral. His arm slipped through yours and you chuckled as he pressed himself close to your side, shivering comically.