Christmas Special

When you first arrived in this world, you were so caught up in everything that you forgot the wave of holidays that came soon after, you were just focused on keeping track of the day and month since Teyvat didn’t really have a calendar that you knew of. Even if Tevyat didn’t abide by the same months (why would they, there was no Julius or Augustus here at the very least), you did.

You arrived on Teyvat on October 9th, which makes right now December 24th, Christmas Eve. Yesterday you got your new weapons, which couldn’t have been better timing, and now you were scrambling to hit Christmas this year, despite no one knowing what it is.

Getting four gifts didn't seem that hard until you remembered you were a chronic gifter, it was a problem, and needed them to be perfect and full of meaning.

For Venti, you already had an idea. Dashing out of the apartment, mora pouch clutched tightly in your hands, you called out to Ariel that you would be back soon and started skipping down the street towards Marjorie's place.

The day was nice and open, making it a pleasant skip to the little store front of random antiques, gems, and what have you. Marjorie was standing there as usual, a smile painted on her face and hands placed neatly in front of her.

"Hey Marjorie!" You called riding up next to her, pleasantly noticing that your jog hadn't even taken your breath away.

Marjorie smiled at you, her eyes gleaming like she could tell there was a deal to be struck. "Hey [y/n]! How are you on this fine day?"

You chuckled, feeling kinda antsy. "I'm doing good, but I was wondering if I could buy something from you."

"Oh?" Her smile widened just a bit more. "Whatever were you looking for?"

"Ah I need a black leather journal, kinda worn pages that make it look old." Your hands gestured weirdly as you talked as if trying to paint the image for her.

She perked up. "I have just the thing."

She turned back towards her shop without telling you to follow her, so instead you just stood outside awkwardly, waiting for her to find whatever specimen she was looking for.

Soon enough she emerged back from her store, holding a beautiful book. It was black leather, just like you had asked, with gold edges of the corners and a flat, braided ribbon clearly to be used as a bookmark hung from top. You gently grasped the book and opened it to browned, crinkly pages that made the book look thicker than it probably was. It had that wonderful book smell and was absolutely perfect for your idea.

"This is great Marjorie." You saw her beam proudly and couldn't help but return one of your own. "How much is it?"

"2500 mora." Her smile never faltered and only seemed to get wider at the breath you sucked in, you didn't think you could ever get used to common things being in the thousands worth of currency.

You handed her the mora and held the book tightly to your chest. Object one had been acquired, many more to come.

-

Sweat dripped down your brow as you collected the last flower, a stark difference from when your ass was about to freeze off in Dragonspine, collecting the best star silver you could find. You had the chunks of star silver packed away in your side pouch with the flowers held delicately in your arms so they weren’t crushed.

The bouquet of cecilias wafted a sweet fragrance back to you, setting a smile on your face. The ache in your legs set pleasant sensations of satisfaction but you still had to hurry, the day wasn’t getting any shorter and you still had so much to do.

You rushed back to Mondstadt, steady breath as you jogged, and you waved to the guards as you made your way through the gate. Calming down, somewhat, you speedwalked over to Wagner’s welding hut by the entrance.