Vol. 1 Episode 12:Jaunedice part 2

Opening time: https://youtu.be/mVASjgrIhiQ

Location:Beacon Academy
Time of Day:Night

Ruby pov:

We were in Professor Oobleck's Class talking about the Faunus Revolution. I sat at the very back of the class. I was mainly surprised of how he could talk and move super fast.

Oobleck:The Faunus Revolution, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie. Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

I saw a few people raise their hands. I thought it very sad that people would be treated like that just for being a faunus.

Oobleck:Dreadful, very Dreadful! Remember, Ignorance breeds Violence! I mean, look at the White Fang! Now, which one of you can tell me the turning point in the third year in the war?

Weiss then raised her hand.

Oobleck:Yes?

Weiss:The battle of Fort Castle!

Oobleck:Precisely! And, who can tell me why the Faunus had the Advantage over General Lagune's Forces.

I then saw Cardin flick a paper football at Jaune in the head, causing him to wake up.

Oobleck:Finally! It seems Mr. Arc is willing to contribute to the class! Excellent! So, what is the Answer!

I realized that Jaune is going to have a tough time at this.

Jaune:Ah, the advantage the faunus... had over... that one guy was.... Binoculars?

Oobleck:Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would like to answer!

Cardin:Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Pyrrha:You're not the most open-minded individual, are you Cardin?

Cardin:What? You got a problem?

Pyrrha:No, I have the answer! It's night vision. Many Faunus are known to have nearly perfect sight in the dark.

Blake: General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. (Turns to Cardin) Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Cardin Winchester then got up from his seat in anger.

Oobleck:Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat. You and Mr. Arc can see me after class for additional readings.

Jaune:Ohhhh.

Oobleck:Moving on.

After awhile, the class ended. Me and blake went to our next class. On my way, I got a text from (Y/N).

Ruby:Oh my gosh! I got a text from (Y/N)!

Blake:Isn't that normal for you?

Ruby:Yeah, but ever since he started his mission! I haven't been able to talk to him! I can't wait to hear what he has to say!

Blake:Hehe, alright calm down Ruby. I'm sure the rest of the team will want to hear too. Let's see with them alright?

Ruby:Alright. Anyways, what was going on with Jaune?

Blake:Don't know.

Location:Beacon Academy
Time of Day:Night

Other pov:

Jaune and Cardin stayed after in Oobleck's class.

Oobleck:You two have been struggling in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest, or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is. It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so I expect you to act like it. History is important, gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages fifty-one to ninety-one! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now! Run along.

Jaune and Cardin left the classroom and went their separate ways. Jaune began to walk with Pyrrha.

Pyrrha:If you want, I can break his legs. Hold on, I got an idea. Follow me.

The two of them went to a balcony nearby.

Jaune:Look Pyrrha, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed. I can always be a farmer or something.

Pyrrha:What? No! That's not what I brought you up here for. I brought you up here for a place where we could train.

Jaune:Wh-what?

Pyrrha:We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!

Jaune:You think I need help?

Pyrrha:N-no! No, that's not what I meant.

Jaune:But you just said it.

Pyrrha:Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!

Jaune:You're wrong though, I don't belong here. I didn't take any combat school before hand and passed no tests. I basically lied to get in.

Pyrrha:What?! But... why?

Jaune: I wanted to be like my father, my grandfather, and my great grandfather. But I wasn't good enough.

The two continued to talk until Pyrrha left. Then cardin jumped onto the balcony from his dorm room window below.

Cardin:Hey there, Jaune! How you doing! I just heard you lied to get into Beacon. But I won't tell anyone. As long as when the time comes. You do a little favor for me. Alright? Don't worry about thing. Your secret is safe with me.

Credits time