Vol. 3 Episode 7:Beginning of the End

Location:City of Vale
Time of Day:Afternoon
4 months before Volume 1

Other pov:

A younger Cinder encounters a younger Emerald in an alleyway. Emerald was running from the cops after robbing a jewelry store.

Cinder:How did you do that?

Emerald begins to reach for her weapon, Thief's Respite.

Cinder:I won't try that if I were you. Unless, of course, you want them to hear you.

Emerald:Who are you?

Cinder:I've already told you. And I don't like repeating myself.

Emerald:I didn't do anything! Just leave me alone!

Cinder:I know my fair share of liars and thieves. Stealing is an art of patience, coordination, and in a pinch, sleight of hand. But you didn't steal the ring in your pocket. You took it right before the jeweller's eyes. And he smiled.

Emerald:W-Who are you?

Location:Countryside
Time of Day:Evening
4 months before Volume 1

Other pov:

In the countryside, Cinder and Emerald walked to a home to see it in flames and a dead man. All that was left was a younger Mercury who was badly injured.

Mercury:What are you looking at!?

Cinder:I'm looking for Marcus Black.

Mercury spat out blood and turned his head over to the dead man.

Mercury:There you go.

Emerald:That's... the assassin?

Cinder:And you're his son. We saw your fight from the treeline. He's taught you well.

Mercury:Guess so.

Cinder:What's your name?

Mercury:Name's Mercury.

Cinder:Mercury... Tell me, are you anything like your father?

Location:Forest in Vale
Time of Day:Evening
3 months before Volume 1

In a undisclosed forest, the three villains walked to find something or someone.

Mercury:So, why are we in a forest?

Cinder:We have a little visit to make to a certain someone.

They walked for a little while to find a cave with weapons and bones of dead Huntsmen and Huntresses. They walked in and saw dimly lit room in the cave with more weapons and bones. In the back sat a man dressed in a suit of knights armor and a bandanna around his head except for a normal helmet however his face was covered with a stereotypical knights mouthpiece and black warpaint across his eyes.

 In the back sat a man dressed in a suit of knights armor and a bandanna around his head except for a normal helmet however his face was covered with a stereotypical knights mouthpiece and black warpaint across his eyes