Vol. 3 Episode 3:It's Brawl in the Family

Location:Beacon Academy
Time of day:Sundown

Ruby pov:

Me and Weiss were at courtyard watching as the Atlesian Aircraft landed. Weiss seemed excited and anxious about what was happening. As it completed landing. Weiss ran ahead. I ran after her to catch up.

Ruby:Weiss! What is the big deal!? Who is it? Who is she!?

Weiss:Winter.

Winter Schnee then exited the aircraft and began to approach us. From what I've heard, she's Ironwood's right hand woman.

Weiss:Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh... Your presence honors us.

Winter:Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different.

Ruby:I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder.

Weiss then punched my shoulder to shut me up.

Weiss:So, what are you doing here?

Winter:Classified.

Weiss:Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?

Winter:Classified.

Weiss:Of course.

Ruby:Well... this is nice... I think.

Weiss:You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-

Winter:I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came.

Weiss:Right! I'm sorry!

Winter:Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter.

Weiss:But, we won!

Winter:Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed.

She then turned to the AK-200s and made a head motion instructing them to leave. They did as they were told to and we continued our conversation.

Winter:How have you been?

Weiss:Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-

Winter:Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?

Weiss:Well, there's Ruby.

Ruby:Heh, boob.

Winter:I see. So this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming.

Ruby:Uh... Thank you!

Winter:Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister.

Ruby:Oh! Uh, yes, of course!

I then tried my best to curtsy and salute.

Ruby:The honor is in my... court!

Winter:I have business with the General and your Headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?

Weiss:Really?