Vol. 2 Episode 5:Extracurricular

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rpAfCxXctlY

Location:Beacon Academy
Time of Day:Afternoon

Ruby pov:

We were watching the fight between Pyrrha and team CRDL. She did very well against the four of them. There was a couple close calls but she managed to do a good job. I wish (Y/N) was here to see this. He's on a mission with VMAV. Hopefully, he's back before the dance but I'm not sure if he'll be back in time. Anyways, Pyrrha had already defeated 3 members and was about to finish off the last one. After a couple of strikes. She defeated Cardin. Professor Glynda then approached them.

Glynda:And that's match.

Cardin:Lucky shot.

Glynda:Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no issues for the Tournament.

Pyrrha:Thank you, Professor.

Glynda:Alright then, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more match. Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna? You've been rather docile for a past few classes. Why don't you—

Guy in Black:I'll do it.

Glynda:Mercury Black, was it? Let's see if we can find you an opponent.

Mercury:Actually, I wanna take on her.

Pyrrha:Me?

Glynda:Unfortunately, Pyrrha already went. You'll have to find a new opponent.

Pyrrha:It's alright, I would be happy to oblige.

Mercury went down to the arena and prepared himself. He then launched multiple attacks on Pyrrha. But she managed to dodge just in time. I could see she used her semblance a little. But, why though? Before Pyrrha could get another hit in. Mercury stopped her.

Mercury:I forfeit.

Pyrrha:You... don't even want to try?

Mercury:What's the point? You're a world-renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart.

Glynda:In that case... Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match... again.

Glynda:Next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent.

Mercury:I'll be sure to do that.

Glynda:That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses.

We walked out of the Arena to head to wherever we needed to. I still don't understand why Pyrrha used her semblance on Mercury. And why did he forfeit the fight? Whatever the case, we went to our next classes. As I was walking, I saw Sun walk up to Blake.

Sun:Hey, Blake! You uh, doing okay?

Blake:I'm fine.

Sun:So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend... ah, sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?

Blake:What?

Sun:The dance! This weekend! You wanna go, or what?

Blake:I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that.

Blake walked away. I felt bad for Sun. I had to find a way for Blake to go to the dance. Besides, it wouldn't be fun without her. (Y/N) either.

Location:Beacon Academy Dorms
Time of Day:Night

Ruby pov:

We were in our dorm room all huddled up.

Ruby:Blake, we want you to go to the dance.

Blake:What? That's ridiculous.

Yang:Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head.

Weiss:You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering.

Blake:You think I care about grades? (She shrugs and then gestures out the window.) People's lives are at stake!

Yang:We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to.

Ruby:Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale.

Weiss:And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months.

Yang:Don't forget about their missing military tech too.

Blake:But there's still unanswered questions!

Ruby:Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!

Yang:All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day.

Weiss:It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it.

Yang:Yeah! We're planning the whole event!

Blake:Excuse me?

Weiss:Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected.

Yang:So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night.

Weiss:And once it's all over, we'll return for our search, rested and ready.

Ruby:So what do ya think?

Blake:I think this is a colossal waste of time. I'll be in the library.

Yang:*sigh* Great.

Weiss:She can't keep going on like this.

We then heard a knock on the door. Weiss got up and opened it to see Jaune with a guitar. Before he could start. Weiss closed the door on his face.

Yang:And that is why they call you the Ice Queen.

Weiss:All my life, boys have only cared about the perks of my last name. Besides, I already have a date in mind.

Ruby:Date or no date, none of this will matter if we can't get Blake to go.

Credits time