Volume 3 Episode 5:Never Miss a Beat

Location:Amity Colosseum
Time of Day:Afternoon

Ruby pov:

I was at the Arena watching Penny and her Teammate fight Team CRDL. She used all of her blades against them at once to hold rocks on strings as if they were puppets. After a little while, Penny and her teammate won.

Oobleck:And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!

Penny:Thank you for a wonderful time.

Penny and Ciel left the arena to leave. I tried to catch up to her to talk with her.

Ruby:Penny!

Penny:Ruby!

Penny then jumped on top of me to hug me causing both of us to fall on the floor.

Ruby:Why...

The two of us then got up.

Penny:Ruby, this is my teammate.

Ciel:Ciel Soleil.

Ruby:Hi! I'm Ru-

Ciel:Ruby Rose. 16. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Status:Questionable.

Ruby:Sooo... Penny! You two were incredible out there. How do you keep control of all those swords? It's so cool!

Ciel:Penny? I believe it is best if we move on to our next location.

Penny:Could we have just a minute to talk?

Ruby:So is she... your friend or...

Penny:Well, in a way. She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you.

Ruby:Oh. So, Weiss.

Penny:Precisely.

Ruby:Does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop, does not compute?

Penny:Oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but I was able to play it off. Ruby, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. I want to stay at Beacon.

Ruby:Penny, they'll never let you do that.

Penny:I know, but I have a plan.

Ciel:It's been precisely one minute, ma'am.

Penny:I'll talk to you more soon, Ruby.

We both waved goodbye to each other.

Port:Our next match will begin in 15 minutes!

Ruby:Oh my gosh, that's right! It's time for-

Location:Amity Colosseum
Time of Day:Afternoon

Other pov:

Yang and Weiss were standing in the arena. Ready to take on the next opponents.

Yang:Well, now it's our turn!

Weiss:Just remember to keep proper form.

Yang:Alright. You're from Atlas. What could we expect?

Weiss:Well, seeing as their Kingdom, academy and armed forces are all merged as one, I think we can expect strict, militant fighters with advanced technology and carefully rehearsed strategies.

Yang and Weiss then saw a rainbow zoom pass them. They then saw Flynt Coal and Neon Katt of Team FNKI.

Weiss:... Or whatever they are.